jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

-2?

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image68
    PaulaHenry1posted 6 years ago

How can you have a negative as a count for traffic sources? Makes no sense to me.....

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Paula, I am not sure how it can be figured that you have a -2 for traffic. To me, a negative number never made any sense either. So, I guess I'm in the same boat as you, in the not understanding department.

I've never seen a negative number in traffic myself. Wish I could be more help. hmm

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image68
      PaulaHenry1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, thanks anyway...it's bad enough the Google traffic is next to none, but negative is just a slap in the face! sad

3. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

It is the "Poltergeist of HubPages!" It is common it seems. The highest negative number I have seen was a -4 last week. Seems no one knows the answer as to why.

4. Rosie2010 profile image76
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

I got a -1 from google.com.in today!  Sonovagun!  I better wake up my fans in Indonesia and beg them to read my hubs. lol I think it's just a way of telling us that traffic is down.. really down.. from that traffic source.  I had 20 views from Indonesia the last 7 days and yesterday it must have been 0 views, so today it's -1, maybe tomorrow if no one from Indonesia bothers to click any of my hubs, it'll go down to -2.  It's like the blue triangle we see in our account here in HP.  But this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.  Hilarious really! considering my overall traffic is way down. sad

1. Rosie2010 profile image76
      Rosie2010posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yay!  Someone in Indonesia viewed one of hubs today.  -1 is gone

5. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I've lost a lot of traffic too. However, I'm about 300-500 views a day and holding steady about there.

I've made changes recently and some of those changes ended up killing traffic to some of my hubs and increasing traffic to others.

Here is an idea(not that you're going to like it), but even with that said- check out your hubs, each one individually and look at the keywords, under stats. I found that many of my hubs were being located by "long keyword phrases" of at least 4 or more words. Maybe that can help.

Other than that, it was great to see you, as always. smile big_smile

6. mdlawyer profile image58
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

Weird it seems, so far as traffic magic is concerned.

working