jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

News Capsules Are Dead!

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago
    1. 2besure profile image84
      2besureposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks.  I don't have that many new capsules.  I will remove them!

2. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

Thanks for posting this. I am glad to hear that the News Capsule change will be automated instead of us having to go through all our hubs one by one.

I especially loved seeing Jason "call-out" the spammer in the blog responses!!!
    Way to go Jason!!!

3. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

I’d already gotten rid of most of my news capsules. But killing the option altogether will exterminate one of my hubs and severely injure traffic on 12 others.

This is getting to not be fun anymore!

1. Michael Willis profile image77
      Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I only use the News Capsule on certain Hubs. They do add to the hub where I have used them. But, my hubs have enough content to not be hurt by this change. I wish we could still have the option though in certain cases.

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
        paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Same here. smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image86
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Actually, I’ve changed my mind. Disregard my initial doom and gloom. Title Tuner has come to the rescue. Replacing my news capsule related words with the Title Tuner words might actually increase my traffic. smile smile smile

4. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Thanks for posting the link to the blog post.  Like Michael, I loved how Jason responded to the negative blogger.  It gave me one more reason to offer my support.  I encourage others to leave comments there as well.

5. Rosie2010 profile image75
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

Good to know that we don't have to do anything, the news capsule will just be gone.  I don't use the news capsule much, so I don't remember which hubs do have them.  Thanks for letting us know, Paradig.

working