jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Question on Revisions because of Duplicate Content

1. teacherfidel profile image76
    teacherfidelposted 6 years ago

Two of my hubs needs revisions before republication because of duplicate content. But what if those hubs are just similar to the articles I myself have previously published in the net before? So basically I'm not copying anybody else's work, because both are mine. Is that allowed here? If not, how much revisions do I have to make?

1. lrohner profile image81
      lrohnerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

There's "similar" and then there's "too similar." If all you did was change a word here or there, the moderator probably deemed that it was "substantially similar" to the original article. Hard to say without seeing the hub, but you probably need to rewrite a bunch more of it to make it truly unique.

2. sofs profile image85
      sofsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Even if you do not copy the content of others but submit your own article without having rewritten it completely your hubs would run into trouble being labelled duplicate. Check  out. this hub
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Forget-copying- … e-a-review , it may help you to get rid of the duplicate substandard tags.

2. mdlawyer profile image38
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

About a year ago, I published some hubs and after two days I republished them on other sites.  All those hubs are labelled "duplicate".  Then they told me to wait for a week minimum to republish.  I don't know what is the position now.  As duplicate content is a serious issue with search engines now, I publish only unique content anywhere.

3. Rosie2010 profile image77
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

Even if it is your own original article published somewhere else, it will still be deemed duplicate.  Please read this

http://hubpages.com/faq/#duplicate_content

4. mdlawyer profile image38

Yes. That's true. Previously, dupicate content was allowed, only the hubscore was affected.

5. teacherfidel profile image76

I got this from the first suggested link:

"You will then have the opportunity to resubmit the article once the problem has been resolved, usually by completely rewriting the Hub or by removing any duplicates elsewhere on the Internet."

Is this true? Well, I went ahead and deleted everything in other publishing sites. Figured I'd stick with Hubpages since it's the one I like best.

1. sofs profile image85
      sofsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It will still show up as duplicate as your articles would already be indexed with Google and will show up as archives. You may have to wait for sometime till they are deindexed.

6. mdlawyer profile image38

They may appear in search for a few weeks or even a month, hence wait till they disappear.

7. teacherfidel profile image76

thanks sof and mdlawyer, you've been very helpful. ^^
    quick question: is there an easy way for me to know if my deleted articles are already "deindexed"?

working