jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Anyone know what to charge for royalty fees

1. katiem2 profile image58
    katiem2posted 6 years ago

I just received an offer

Hi Katie,
    We are looking for a play for our partner organization called Project Planet Network. Project Planet Network’s vision and mission is below.  I was fortunate enough to stumble upon your wonderful youth play titled WAKE UP.  We would like to start production of this play for many of Project Planet’s events as well as bringing it into all of the school districts in our surrounding counties.  Please let me know what we need to do to get your o.k and what your royalty fees our. Project Planet is under Holistic Mentorship Network, which is a 501c6 non-profit organization.  We are able to lobby and take political action.  Coming to gather to change the world.

This is the first play I've written and have no clue as to what to do, any one have any experience?

1. Just Ask Susan profile image89
      Just Ask Susanposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Katie just read your post and just wanted to say congrats! Sorry have no idea though on how to answer your question.

katiem2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! smile

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I would check out associations' websites.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Maybe I ought to also clarify: There are excellent professional associations for screenwriters and playwrights that offer reliable advice on such matters.

Thanks smile

3. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Yes, check their sites. They may be fine, but I'm always cautious when I get any offer that includes  spelling or grammar mistakes like (our/are) and (to gather/together).

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That did strike me as rather odd.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
        Rochelle Frankposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Also, entities that offer royalties usually tell you what they customarily pay instead of asking how much you want. 
        As I said, this does not mean they are bad. If they are a non-profit or volunteer bunch, they may just be inexperienced.

Good point thanks so much

2. katiem2 profile image58

Yes I noted that and felt the same way about the spelling error, but then again the point about the non profit is valid as well... you never know

working