Can anyone tell me if I need to make anymore changes?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Lone Wolf Prime profile image79
    Lone Wolf Primeposted 7 months ago

https://discover.hubpages.com/literatur … et-project

I keep publishing this and it keeps getting taken down for varying reasons.  First, it was because the quality was low, so I added a picture I got off public domain that was free to use.  And, I added a summary to it as well.  Now, this site says the article was too "spammy", so I had change it again.   Look I really need this article to stay published indefinitely, and it's frustrating how it'll stay published for a day or so only to get unpublished for some reason or another.  Can anyone tell me what I'm missing to keep this article up?  I'd rather know now before it gets unpublished again for some phantom reason I'm not seeing.

1. WriterJanis profile image91
      WriterJanisposted 7 months agoin reply to this

I'm not sure what your article is about. I get it's character summaries but for what reason?
      Your opening photo is way too small. It should be at least 700 pixels horizontal.
      You need to break down your into different text sections with a title for each section. You also have wat too much white space.
      You have one section that's all bold print. It feels like you are yelling at your readers.
      How do you know the information in this article? Is it something you wrote? If not, then you need to site your sources.
      Might I suggest you check out the HubPages learning center to see how to properly write articles on this site?
      Wishing you good luck.

2. theraggededge profile image98
      theraggededgeposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Of what use is this for the reader?

There's no introduction, nothing that says what it's appertaining to. The piece seems to be for your own reference. This is not the kind of thing that HubPages wants.

Why do you need it published? It should be kept on your computer,

However, if you want to publish something that advises how to create characters for a particular game, then it will need some work.

3. tsmog profile image86
      tsmogposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Firstly, it is published. But, it is on the HubPages site, so will not be indexed on Search Engines. The HubPages site is basically a holding site. If the purpose is to share with others in your social circle that can be done by sending the link or posting on social media.

If you want it to be indexed and available to the whole wide world through search engines then it will have to make it at least to the Discover site or a niche site. That means passing the Quality Assessment Program(QAP) and is then reviewed by an editor. The editor decides where to place it.

As others recommended the Learning Center has guides to learn from for what HubPages is looking for with articles. Essentially they want magazine style/format informational articles with good English usage. Or, if creative, an actual story or poem. I would look/read other articles on the LetterPile site for examples of creative writing. Following is the link.
      https://letterpile.com/

Here is the link to the FAQ
      https://hubpages.com/faq/

Here is the link to the Learning Center/Help site with articles
      https://hubpageshelp.com/

I would recommend 'HubPages Writing Style Guide'. It is worth a skim at least.
      https://hubpageshelp.com/standards/HubP … tyle-Guide

4. OldRoses profile image94
      OldRosesposted 7 months agoin reply to this

I think the problem is that you have written a blog post.  HubPages is not a blogging platform.  If you want to write blog posts about your online gaming, try Blogger or WordPress.  Both can be monetized.

HubPages only publishes magazine style articles that answer questions that readers are searching for.  Why would anyone be searching for your secret project?  Nobody googles "characters for Lone Wolf Prime's secret project."

5. Kenna McHugh profile image92
      Kenna McHughposted 7 months agoin reply to this

It looks like it's on Discover now.

I'd title it with your name: "Dan Klizano's Secret Project: Characters Summary" or without your name "Secret Project: Characters Summary."

There are incomplete sentences, so you need to punctuate accordingly if they are intentional.

I am curious why you wrote a character summary for a secret project without an introduction. Is this a work in progress?

What is your goal for this secret project?

I suspect you will send a link to potential producers for financial backing.

I have written these before, and usually, they are better organized to communicate more fluidly.

But it's obvious you've put a lot of time into the character summary, so keep working on it to make a worthwhile impression.

Good luck!

2. Gregory DeVictor profile image96
    Gregory DeVictorposted 7 months ago

I believe that you are using too much boldface throughout the article. You should keep bold characters in your article to an absolute minimum. Perhaps HP looks at this issue as "spammy."

3. Kenna McHugh profile image92
    Kenna McHughposted 7 months ago

If you are writing this character summary to promote your project, that violates HP guidelines. It's spam. https://hubpages.com/faq/

4. AliciaC profile image94
    AliciaCposted 7 months ago

You really need an introduction to the article. Describing characters is not sufficient. Since you have described the characters, the project is not completely secret. You might want to change the title and make it more attractive for readers.

5. Lone Wolf Prime profile image79
    Lone Wolf Primeposted 7 months ago

Hey guys I'm sorry for not replying sooner.   I've been busy at work.  Sadly, writing doesn't exactly pay the bills.  The project is for a TV show pilot I was working on.  Unfortunately, I found out a friend of mine was going try to steal all the ideas before I could finish it.  And since hubpages is literally the only site that I know of that allows you to copyright stuff for free that you publish, that's why I did it here, so I could just get it out there as mine, so I could have some form of documentation of ownership.   

However, it's fine. I figured out an alternative.  I appreciate everyone's help and advice anyways.  You all have been very helpful.  I do apologize for the trouble.

1. Kenna McHugh profile image92

Wow!

Lone Wolf Primeposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Did I say something wrong?

1. Miebakagh57 profile image69
          Miebakagh57posted 7 months agoin reply to this

Lone, have you visit the  Learning Centre yet? That's where you wrong yourself.

Thanks.

2. Kenna McHugh profile image92

Lone, We take the time to help fellow writers when they ask for it. It appears that is not what you were doing.

I apologize you feel that way.   Anyways I took down the article so it should be a non issue.  Thanks for the help anyways.

I hear you. But, it is not a feeling I have but an observation.

I figured as much.  Either way I do appreciate everyone taking the time to talk to me anyways.

Okay!

2. theraggededge profile image98
      theraggededgeposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Everything you write is copyright protected. If you wrote it on a computer, the metadata will have the original date on it.

You could add layers of protection easily. Print and photograph the document near a dated newspaper or even screenshot your computer screen.

Or perhaps you could publish it on a private Facebook page?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)