jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Will Hubpages work with Barnes and Noble Affiliates?

1. profile image0
    cariouweneelposted 6 years ago

Hey, I'm from Colorado and am terribly disappointed that I cannot be an Amazon affiliate. I do a lot of book reviews and wanted to link directly to a site that sells books.
    Any ideas on this?
    Thanks!

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 6 years agoin reply to this

As far as I know there is no problem. Some new rules are in the process of being introduced about certain affiliates that are spammy, but I can't imagine Barnes and Noble being among them. Only two links per hub is permitted to the same domain, and not on every hub either.
      Welcome to Hubpages smile

1. profile image0
        cariouweneelposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your quick response. When you say two links per hub are permitted to the same domain, does that mean I could only link two B&N books per hub? Do you mind explaining that? Thanks a bunch!

1. IzzyM profile image87

Yes. If each link you put in references a particular book, then it'll be two products. If there is a way you can group some products together at the other end and send the visitor through (on one link) to buy their choice you wouldn't need to worry about it, but I'm not up to speed on affiliate marketing to know if this is possible or not.
          The rules have always stated (as long as I've been there) that each hub cannot contain more than 2 links to the same site.
          You can of course sell as many books (or other products) as you want through Amazon (new rules state you need to write 50 words per product) but then your sales will be split 60/40 with Hubpages.

2. readytoescape profile image60
      readytoescapeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes I have very good option for you, email me or look into the
      Best Event of the Week forum in the Sand Pit then contact me

3. IzzyM profile image87

Oh gosh sorry did I miss this first time around? I thought you asked if it was Ok to be a Barnes and Noble affiliate.

Sorry for mentioning Amazon. Painful word.

1. profile image0
        cariouweneelposted 6 years agoin reply to this

No prob.  Thanks so much for your help! All the best, Cari

working