jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Question about Titling Hubs

1. lorlie6 profile image84
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

Is there a way to write your hub first, then title it later?  I find that after I've completed it, a title emerges.  I know that when one 'tunes titles,' the original title or the URL remains the same.

I would be so grateful to take my time, letting the whole express itself as a title.  Not as a first step!

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'd like to have that option too - other than having to write it in full elsewhere first

1. lorlie6 profile image84
        lorlie6posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I suppose you're right, Baileybear, but I enjoy writing my hub in the format that is provided here.  Oh, well, I guess writing elsewhere  first is more sensible.  I'm not a big fan of sensibility!

1. profile image0
          Baileybearposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I prefer writing straight into the capsules too

2. BRIAN SLATER profile image88
      BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years agoin reply to this

As you already know you can change the title to what ever you want as many times as you like, but you are stuck with the url forever.
      Could I suggest you write your hub in draft on word or some other application first, then conjure up your title and transfer it all to hp's.

3. IzzyM profile image90
      IzzyMposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'd have liked that option too, Lorlie. Most of my hubs I write directly into the capsules too and they tend of take off in another direction from what I intended when I titled it. I also write a lot of hubs in Word and transfer them over. That's a good way of seeing your word count as you go along, but HP have now put that option into the capsules themselves. I can puzzle for days over what to title a hub. It's the hardest thing for me, and I still get it wrong loads of times.

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image88

Following you around Izzy, I base all my titles around the keyword I am aiming for, then I either add something to the before bit and some words to the after bit.

2. lorlie6 profile image84
        lorlie6posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Oh Bailey and Izzy-I was nodding my head as I read your posts; you really expressed how I've been feeling for a long time now.  I'd actually wanted to ask this question for months now but thought it was one of those proverbial stupid questions!
        Well, now I know I am not alone in this but others can see the same thing.  Thanks, all!

2. Mark Ewbie profile image86
    Mark Ewbieposted 6 years ago

I prefer using Word because it's easier to flow and subsequently organise.  It seems less jerky than typing into capsules.

At least half of them never get finished anyway. Plus you automatically get a copy.

They have recently tweaked something that means when I cut and past into capsules from Word it gives me extra blank lines which I have to manually delete.  And the picture resize drop down no longer functions in IE - so I have to use Chrome which in my opinion is rubbish.  It is slower than IE - really.

1. brakel2 profile image83
      brakel2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

There is a resize tool that is free. I will check the name and give it to you. It goes in the box to select by the picture.

3. Alastar Packer profile image86
    Alastar Packerposted 6 years ago

If one does title tune, what is the best way to retrieve the original url if needed?

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image88

You can change the title many times if you wish but the url always stays the same. You can't change that.

4. Alastar Packer profile image86
    Alastar Packerposted 6 years ago

Oops, question, sorry.

5. brakel2 profile image83
    brakel2posted 6 years ago

I wrote a hub, and changed the title the next day after publication, and now it is screwed up. My main keyword was never picked up in the indexing, and my hub is in the middle of nowhere. Any suggestions for that problem?

working