jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (19 posts)

Ebook cover

1. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 6 years ago

I've been looking for someone to do an ebook cover for me. here's what i discovered.

So far, I have not found one who can actually draw or paint. All they do is get photos for istockphotos.com (or some other stock photography shop) and then type the title and author on. Big deal. I can do that.  However, because my cover is not something that is generally photographed, it's not that easy.

Anybody else have the same issue?

1. earnestshub profile image89
      earnestshubposted 6 years agoin reply to this

We have had the same experience.

My daughter eventually got original artwork made for her ebook, but it was expensive as I recall. smile I can inquire about it if you like.

1. profile image0
        Sophia Angeliqueposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. That would be helpful. smile

I'll get back to you after she returns from taking the terrorists to school. smile

1. profile image0

thanks. Appreciated. smile

Sorry Sophia! Can't help.

She had heaps of trouble with her cover and does not recommend the firm who did her artwork.

I hope someone else can assist. smile

1. profile image0

Okay, thanks. I'm probably just going to go for a plain cover if I cannot find someone to depict the actual story.

Thanks for trying. smile

1. IzzyM profile image89
                  IzzyMposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Trying to think of his name, but there is a hubber here on HP who teaches artwork, and is a brilliant drawer, and who is techy who might be able to help.

1. profile image0

Izzy, that sounds great!!! Stretch your memory cells!!!

2. recommend1 profile image74
                  recommend1posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hi Sophia - I use Coreldraw to make all my own stuff from headers to ads etc.  Like all the programs it is really easy once you have spent a few weeks gettingthe hang of it smile  Another opton is to physically make it and then scan it.

1. profile image0

Thanks Recommend, but even though I used to use Illustrator and Photoshop a year ago, I was never able to use it freehand. smile

2. travelespresso profile image79
    travelespressoposted 6 years ago

Try this hubber http://hubpages.com/profile/BTL+Illustrations

He left me some fanmail that said he did illustrations.  I have no other info though!

Good luck.

1. profile image0

Thanks.

3. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

Go to deviantart.com and find an artist that fits your taste and then contact them through their profile. There are tons of artists there willing and able and will illustrate for the credit.

1. profile image0

Already tried this. It appears that all the art I liked was done in a 3D package and was not available in a jpeg format. In addition, it also appeared that none of them (so far) is able to draw freehand (they could only manipulate existing images), PLUS, not a single one was willing to work for credit...

4. CMHypno profile image95
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Try contacting SandySpider http://hubpages.com/profile/Sandyspider

She is a great hubber who is very into art and is also techie - I know that she formats ebooks, but is also into online art and graphics

working