jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

WTF! Losing ad clicks

1. IzzyM profile image91
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

What is going on here? That is the third time this week Google has removed an ad click for over $2.

I'm in the middle of an experiment comparing HPads and Adsense alone, so obviously I'm keeping a close eye on every click, especially as there aren't that many of them compared to the number of views I am getting.

It happened yesterday and again today. Each time I went into Analytics to determine where the click came from and on which hub.

Each and every time, they can tell me the hub but not where the click has come from.

The one yesterday only had 6 visitors in total - 5 from google.co.uk and 1 from yahoo. The one today had hundreds of visitors from all over, even a few from HP.

Are they disallowing all bigger clicks when their software can't find out where it's from?  I'm getting to keep the 10 or 20 cents clicks that don't have a source, just not the bigger ones.

Anyone else having this issue?

1. sabrebIade profile image47
      sabrebIadeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Izzy you do know they remove what they consider invalid clicks right?
      I'm not saying this is what happened in your case, but I have seen it done.
      I have seen it happen before, just usually not that big of a click.

1. IzzyM profile image91
        IzzyMposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes of course and that was my first thought too. I know I didn't make them, but who knows when it comes to other people?

But it is only the bigger clicks, and I don't know about anyone else, but I am simply quite unable to determine which are the higher paying ads on any given page, and this is ONLY higher paying ads that are being taken off.

2. Pearldiver profile image81
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

I think this Game has been Played for a Hell of a Lot Longer than this week mate! sad

Isn't TRUST a wonderful fallacy in the Corporate World of Hubbing? hmm big_smile

So many clicks have been mysteriously redirected to help struggling bankers, political party supporters and greedy penny-pinching media magnets! yikes

Thank Goodness we are still valued and we still get the .01c clicks huh!  tongue

1. IzzyM profile image91

There are no struggling bankers so that is a fallacy! LOL

I've never noticed this behaviour before which is rapidly beginning to look like a pattern.

3. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

They usually remove or reduce click values due to miscalculation or fraud.

1. IzzyM profile image91

Right, assuming someone here is actively clicking on my ads to cause problems for me (or trying to help me out) should I do something?

Should I contact Google, or ignore it?

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If there is a pattern, you should report it.

http://www.google.com/adsense/support/b … swer=62472

1. IzzyM profile image91

The only pattern I am seeing is the click value. Clicks are still way low per views, but thanks I will report it anyway.

1. IzzyM profile image91

Haha - now they know I am on to them!! No more sidetracking my earnings off to greedy bankers and other corporate entities.

working