jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Understanding Hub Ad Program

1. seriousnuts profile image69
    seriousnutsposted 6 years ago

I just activated my Hub Ad program early this week. I was able to compare my earnings with my sister's. I noticed that the number of views does not necessarily mean more earnings. Why is that? If that is the case, then what really determines your earnings from hub ad program?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

it depends on the type of niches/keywords of your hubs. The topic determines the ads displayed in your hubs. Although I have seen lots of hostgator ads to my cooking, parenting, pregnancy etc hubs.

2. stuff4you profile image40
      stuff4youposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It probably has a lot to do with how long people stay on the page of the hub as well as how much the advertiser bids.

2. seriousnuts profile image69
    seriousnutsposted 6 years ago

I see. When I clicked the earnings of Hub Ad Program, I see CPM and Impressions. What do those mean?

1. jGaunt profile image34
      jGauntposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Impressions are the number of views your hubs received that were usable by the program.

CPM is the average earnings per 1000 impressions.

1. seriousnuts profile image69
        seriousnutsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks. For these past few days I can't see my earnings. They said they have some technical difficulties so the processing will be delayed.

3. skear profile image89
    skearposted 6 years ago

I have also noticed that with the HP ad program more impressions do not seem to correlate to more earnings.

When I graphed my impressions, and earnings I noticed that some days with peak impressions actually had the lowest earnings!

It seems like HP ads might be normalizing my earnings and not allowing me to take advantage of traffic peaks.

It would be helpful if HP would provide more details as to exactly how earnings are derived from this program.  If anyone has any links that explain this in more detail please share them.

working