jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Unique Web URL

1. Cajun-Country profile image55
    Cajun-Countryposted 6 years ago

I am returning to HubPages from  few year span. I forgot how to submit. Things here have changed a little from my last article submission. I have a question that I can not find the answer to....
      I have my own (new) website. BUT...
      In Step #2, it ask for an unique web URL...I tried my website url address,  but it is not accepted. Then I tried just http://hubpages.com/workathomescams, but again it was also rejected...

Can anyone please help me! How do I complete step #2? correctly?
    Thank you - newbie (again) Cajun-Country

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

You need to type in the exact words that name your hub. As you do, you'll see the web address for it fill beneath the box.

For instance type in red-chicken and you'll see http://www.hubpages.com/hub/red-chicken appear beneath it.

3. Cajun-Country profile image55
    Cajun-Countryposted 6 years ago

A big thank you to you!

4. Rochelle Frank profile image87
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

I posted a hub today and the url did not fill in automatically as it always used to.
    I finally filled in my title(nospaces) and it put the HubPages url  with those words.
    I've never done that before, so I don't know if it was a glitch or it's a new way to do it.

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Rochelle, if you ever come across that again, click refresh on your browser. It should automatically reset the page, so when you type in the title, it also types in the URL. wink

1. Rochelle Frank profile image87
        Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ok-- thanks I'll try that if it happens again. I appreciate the tip.

1. Cagsil profile image60
          Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome. smile

working