jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

If there were such a thing as reincarnation........

1. Diane Inside profile image82
    Diane Insideposted 6 years ago

and you could take with you one little bit of knowledge with you into you next life what would it be?

My dad told me once that I was different from my sister, he said that I was a really unruly kid but became pretty sweet and no trouble at all as a teenager.  While my sister on the other hand was the opposite sweet little kid but a hellian as a teenager.

My response to my dad was. " Well if I knew then what I know now, I would have been a hellian the whole time I was at home."

So I would take this little bit of info.

" Being a hellian is a whole lot more fun."

lol

What's yours?

2. Chaotic Chica profile image77
    Chaotic Chicaposted 6 years ago

Honestly, I would bring with me the knowledge that the only person whose opinion about me really matters is me!

3. Stevennix2001 profile image84
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

Well growing up as a child, I was always too scared to try anything that might've angered my father, as i was always scared of him.  Granted, my brother was never scared, but he always had friends that would encourage him.  Whereas me, I didn't have any friends at all, so I was under the direct influence of fear with my mother being the only light of encouragement growing up. 

I tried to tell my brother this fact whenever he says that I have no excuses because...blah blah..we grew up exactly the same way.  However, he fails to realize that's not the case, as he often has trouble seeing past his obvious point of view...

Therefore, I take one thing with me going into my next life if there is one, then I would definitely bring in the knowledge of never allowing fear to run my own life.  Even when things are at their worst, I would try to remember how empty life is if you don't at least try to do the things you want out of life, and to never allow anyone to tell you who you are, as it's not up to them.  It's up to the person in the mirror to determine who you are, and nobody else.

1. Diane Inside profile image82
      Diane Insideposted 6 years agoin reply to this

so true,  thats a good one, fear gets in the way so much of the time.

1. Stevennix2001 profile image84
        Stevennix2001posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. smile

4. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

The knowledge I've gained and continue to expand upon, brings me the wisdom to discern truth. As a child(as my hub states about my father) growing years were difficult to begin with.

My father and I spent sometime together during a portion of my younger years, roughly up to age 7. I lost him for a couple of years. I didn't know where he was, because my mother and him had divorced. My mother moved on to another relationship, shortly thereafter. My father wasn't an educated man, by all stretch of the word, but he was very wise.

I learned from him, that I am me and have no need to pretend to be someone else. He said I was unique and that I would understand one day. Being unique or different isn't a problem. I spent many years in religion, at the request of my mother. It was her decision that I give "God" a chance(the belief). I learned much from that experience.

The one thing I would take from that, which has made me who I am today, I am my own authority when it comes to who I am and what I represent to others. With that authority comes responsibility. That is full responsibility for self. With that knowledge, I am limitless in the things I do and how I live my life.

1. Chaotic Chica profile image77
      Chaotic Chicaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That's a much more eloquent way to state 'to thine own self be true'!

1. Cagsil profile image59
        Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I've learned more on that as well. I've written how to go about it. smile

Edit: Thank you for the compliment. smile big_smile

working