jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Rewarding my 1000th reader

1. mahadevank profile image62
    mahadevankposted 6 years ago

My user count is getting close to a 1000 users and I'd like to be able to give a small reward to the 1000th user. Is this possible?

1. SunSeven profile image65
      SunSevenposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Its a good idea.
      May be this hub will be a good idea too?

http://hubpages.com/hub/Free-Gift-For-You

Best Regards smile

mahadevankposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Your thanksgiving link didn't download sad

2. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Just be careful about HubPages' new rules that restrict hubs linking to e-books.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Not insofar as you don't know who they are, and statistics have some delay. If they leave a comment, you may be able to contact them.

3. mahadevank profile image62
    mahadevankposted 6 years ago

Yeah...is it a feature worth implementing though? Like I just setup a gift to be delivered from ebay or something to a reader who is say 1000th/2000th or whatever i set it to, and popup the reward to the user with a request to claim it?

Can't think of anyway to handle the stats but maybe you can do seomthing?

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You may not think so when you have crossed other milestones.. then these will just be numbers.. Welcome to HP and I understand your enthusiasm:)

Hey, thanks for the tip! Following you now smile

4. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I frankly don't think it is a technical issue. It is a legal issue. There are all kinds of legalities involved in any kind of awards, prizes, contests. So, regardless of whether it is technically feasible, I don't see HubPages implementing such a feature.

Thanks for your response! I totally understand this

5. psf profile image78
    psfposted 6 years ago

I don't think it is possible. Even it could be you, the 1000th user :-) Hence reward yourself by writing another great quality hub. All the best.

Ahh…it definitely wasn't me…I don't click on my hub links once i'm done writing and reviewing them smile Thanks though for the encouragement!

1. psf profile image78
        psfposted 6 years agoin reply to this

so you meant to say that after publishing a hub, you would never see how it look like after publishing (though we have preview option, I used to do this)?  how do you check the Hubmetrics, status, keywords, incoming links - never done?

Just out of my curiosity  :-)

Yup, I use the preview options, and yup, I don't check the hubmetrics, keywords etc. though….i'm a total n00b when it comes to SEO!

working