jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Bring back followed hubbers' new hubs to the logged-in homepage

1. mskills profile image91
    mskillsposted 6 years ago

The old logged-in page had a section that highlighted hubs that have been published in the last 48 hours by hubbers that I follow.  The new page, even with its filters, doesn't display them as effectively. 

My suggestion would be to make use of the right column that displays our profile, accolades, and hubbers that we follow.  Since this column doesn't display nearly as much data as the feed, it would be the perfect place to shoehorn in the old "new hubs by favorite hubbers". 

Any thoughts?

2. FaithDream profile image83
    FaithDreamposted 6 years ago

I totally AGREE.  I posted this similar comment under the other forum post introducing the new Home Page.
    I like reading my fav. hubbers first. It is difficult to see whether one my favorites published recently without going out to their profile.

mskillsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Exactly.  I can't really find much fault with the new homepage other than the absence of the favorite writers' new hubs.   

I know you can change the filter to show just the people I'm following, but I also like to check out hubs published under my favorite topics regardless of who wrote them. 

One of the moderators posted that there are plenty of modifications and new features being developed for the homepage.  I'm hoping that this will be one of the priorities.

1. Cardisa profile image91
        Cardisaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Have you tried going to filters, then edit, then hubs and choosing what you want displayed?

mskillsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Cardisa,

I have played around with the filters, but the problem is that I'm following several topics that receive new published hubs every few minutes.  Unless I constantly swap back and forth with the filters, it is too easy to lose the people I'm following in the flood of new hubs.

1. FaithDream profile image83
            FaithDreamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is true mskills. I've done the same. I follow a lot of topics but my followers are varied and diversified. I chose to follow them because I like what they write and how they write.
            Although I like reading new hubs, I  still want to see those favorites first. It's been difficult to scroll through all the pages to find the hubber who published recently.
            By filtering the hubbers listing I still don't see their latest hub. I've had to go into my profile page under Hubbers I follow, pull up the list and sort it by published articles. To me that defeats the purpose.
            Hopefully, the Home Page update will incorporate your idea.

working