jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

I wrote my first hub today. Please read and give advice =)

1. MattSperry profile image60
    MattSperryposted 6 years ago

I just wrote my first hub today, I would like to get some advice on what I've done right and wrong. I will accept any criticism so that my future hubs can get better. Thank you smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/Save-Money-Shop-Online

1. megmccormick profile image74
      megmccormickposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Matt,

Looks pretty good...my suggestions are:

Use more Capsules and use Keyword specific titles for each capsule. Like make a demo video showing an eBay feature and title that capsule eBay Seller Tips...or something.

Have a link box that links back to your profile page or your HubPages affiliate link.

Break your text up into text boxes with, again, Keyword specific Titles...makes it easier for people skimming to find the info they want. 

Check out some of my hubs to see what I mean...best of luck to you and keep writing!!

MattSperryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the tips. I will be using the text boxes like you mentioned for sure and I'm going to look into the capsules also. I have a lot to learn yet. Thanks again smile

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

It is okay but I would suggest 1) break it into smaller paragraphs and 2) change title to 'save money by shopping on ebay' as you don;t cover other sites.  Also you could add more tips like 'have a preset spending limit and don;t break it' and 'check for inflated shipping costs'. Just my 2c.

Ok, I followed both of your suggestions. Thanks!!

3. Sally's Trove profile image85
    Sally's Troveposted 6 years ago

Put the saving money information first, up front in the Hub. That's what you promised the reader with the title.

After that, list your points about how to shop wisely on eBay.

What you will have done is to tell the reader that he can save money on eBay, and then you will have told him how to avoid a bad experience.

Your cautionary points about shopping eBay are excellent.

I'm going to look into following your advice. Bed now, tomorrow after work I'll be revising my hub and I might just do this. Thanks for the post smile

working