1. add stumbleupon, reggit, flickr etc social bookmarking at the bottom of each page.
2.an interlinking section when suggesting links to your own hubs.
3. a comment limit amount on how many can be created.
4. built in seo into hubscore
5. mass tag adder
7.allow scripts for the likes of comments on games extra.
8.allow videobb at least i get paid for it
9.forum overhaul with likes buttons on comments
10. Built in link builder with an editor for blogger, wordpress and other media sites.
11. built in trends from google etc.
12. have vlogs without affecting hubscore.
13. grammar checker US and UK
14. add microblogging instead of comments.
15. active reader, a text to voice of your hub.
16. add rank algorithm according to level of english.
1. Most of these are available when you clicks "share" at the bottom of a hub.
2. You can use the suggest a link tool; or when you create a hyperlink naturally there's a list that shows of ALL your hubs to choose from.
3. Why would you limit comments? You can just delete those you don't want. You could miss out on a good comment that brings you more traffic.
4. Uh why? Hub and author score have nothing to with earning. They're mostly there to stop spammers by changing low scoring authors to nofollow. Google doesn't even see the scores, it's internal only.
5. Since a short article should only have 5-10 articles, is there a point? You already get tag suggestions. Ultimately your tags should be your keywords so it needn't be a "mass" thing.
6. There is a slideshow. You need more than six (five?) photos. You can turn it on and off too.
8. Shall we add every affiliate you personally get paid for then? No one will want to visit the site if we max out on affiliates.
9. The site is already turning into facebook. Are you trying to make people lazier instead of forcing them to state an opinion INSTEAD of click a button?
10. You really think Hubpages is willingly going to help the spammers by making spammy external links easier?
11. Why don't you just watch Google trends yourself? You can see keywords sending traffic to your hubs and graphs with sources anyway.
12. This is a writing site. Not youtube.
13. Most people have this in their browser.
14. Spammy and not suitable.
15. Most people who need these types of programs have them for their whole computer.
16. And how exactly are the site owners meant to MEASURE the level of English? The score is automatic, it can't magically tell how good someone is at English. And it's a moot point, as mentioned above, because scores are an internal thing, nothing to do with getting you more traffic.
You've been here four days. You're not the first newbie to think they know all the answers. You won't be the last. But if you don't like it you don't have to hang around - you might be better on your own site or on a video site.
Great answer, RedSturtz, I agree 100%.
I think for no. 5 you meant to say "a short article should only have 5-10 TAGS". I agree, HubPages actually penalizes you if you add too many tags - so a mass tag adder would be pretty dumb!
by Dolores Monet 8 years ago
Will having too many comments posted on a hub be a cause for concern? Could too many comments make a hub less google worthy? I have one hub with over 200 and that seems excessive.
by Sandra M. Urquhart 2 years ago
What is the best way to get traffic on hubpages? Is it by the quality of your hubs or the frequency of your communication in the community? I've seen different articles that encouraged people to get noticed by being more social, claiming that that would increase interest and traffic; and then on...
by Randy Godwin 5 years ago
So I've deleted all of the idled hubs so far and am wondering when I will have none left. I'm not going to edit anymore until I see some sort of improvement in traffic. Too much trouble for no results at all. With all of the scrapers and with HP's brilliant program I'll soon have...
by Sherry Hewins 11 months ago
I knew it couldn't be that good forever, but I am concerned that it's Healdove that seems to be getting hit.
by earnestshub 9 years ago
I just finished my fiftieth hub. Am I on a harder scoring system now? My profile page hubscore dived today from 97 to 92 in two hours.. Have I done something wrong? All I have done since is comment on a couple of pages, so what changed it so drastically. I have seldom been this low.My hubpages on...
by Rahul Parashar 3 years ago
I am thinking about building some backlinks to my Hub[ages subdomain, but am not sure where and how should I start. What do you suggest? What's your backlining strategy? Is it really impossible to get so organic traffic without backlinks? If not, how difficult is it?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|