jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)

Why you are not allow to promote just even single link

1. profile image44
    offshorestaffposted 9 years ago

Hello,

I would like to know as this "hubpage" comes under web 2.0 sites then why don't even you allow to promote a single link in my hub. As per my knowledge there are hell lot of web 2.0 sites and the purpose of using web 2.0 properties is to promote our personal wish, thought or work through different lead pages.

can you explain me what the exact reason why don't you allow even to promote a single link.

thanks & regards

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This site is for writing articles. It is not just a site where you can post only lead pages that take people to another site.

1. profile image0
        Anitha1978posted 9 years agoin reply to this

What about this hub? i was asked to take a look at it via email. Im not complaining. im just curious whether hubs of this sort are acceptable http://hubpages.com/hub/A-Departure

2. jimmythejock profile image88
      jimmythejockposted 9 years agoin reply to this

There is a simple answer to your question and that is because hubpages rules dont allow it....jimmy

2. Inspirepub profile image81
    Inspirepubposted 9 years ago

You can have as many links as you like on a Hub - there are only two rules:

1. Maximum of TWO links to any one domain per Hub (an RSS feed counts as two)

and

2. The text on the Hub must be UNIQUE on the internet, ie not published anywhere else on the internet.

And, of course, it must meet the basic quality standards - at least 300 words, in English, no obscenity or illegal content, etc.

Jenny

3. alexd181 profile image61
    alexd181posted 9 years ago

Can you post affiliate links on Hub Pages? This topic seems to phase me all the time. One person says you can't, then someone else says you can. Confused!

1. oxymoron profile image56
      oxymoronposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Send email to team@hubpages.com smile

2. Maddie Ruud profile image79
      Maddie Ruudposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, you can use affiliate links, as long as you're not violating the rules laid out at http://hubpages.com/hub/Overly-Promotional

The content must be unique to HubPages, as Jenny said... even if you wrote the text originally, if you've used it somewhere else on the web, you cannot put it on HubPages with promotional links on it.  Also, affiliate links that go through a redirection (ie Clickbank links) are all counted as one domain, even if they land on different pages, and cloaked links (ie TinyURL) are not only all counted as one domain, they are added to the total number of links to any other domain you have on the hub, basically so that you get around the rule by using 2 links to the domain plus 2 cloaked links to the domain.

Check out the link above, it spells it all out in clearer terms.

4. Inspirepub profile image81
    Inspirepubposted 9 years ago

It's substandard - if someone flags it for that, the moderator will look at it.

If nobody ever flags it, then it might never be noticed by the moderator. She has enough to do responding to flags and forum posts to go hunting for problems on random pages!

If you think any Hub is a problem for any reason, just hit the "flag" button and let the moderator know.

Jenny

1. profile image0

substandard? i guessed so much too though i feel guilty to actually go and flag it because the hub short it may be is for a writer stricken with cancer and she is asking for donations

1. relache profile image89
        relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Even if that Hub were legit (which I don't think it is) that's not an appropriate use of a Hub and it's still substandard.

1. profile image0

got it smile

5. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 9 years ago

I don't believe HubPages is a site to solicitate money...

1. profile image0

got it smile

6. alexd181 profile image61
    alexd181posted 9 years ago

Awesome, thanks Maddie. Just the info I needed.

I've got a kind of related question ... someone signed up as an affiliate of mine and posted duplicated content with affiliate links. This kind of bugged me, but does it actually affect me in any way because they signed up through my affiliate link, or is it nothing to worry about?

1. premsingh profile image58
      premsinghposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You need not worry for the referrals. If someone else is doing it, you can not be blamed for it.

working