I just joined and posted a few hubs yesterday, but I have several questions:
1. Do my own viewings of my hubs get counted in my statistics?
2. Is it against the rules or bad form to give your own articles thumbs up? Do you do it?
3. What is the standard here about attributing images and video? Do you always take your own photos or use free stock images? If you just find things on the web (particularly video) do you need to mention who made it and/or any copyright details in the hub?
4. Do you think it's better to create many simpler hubs on very specific topics, or fewer more detailed hubs on more general subjects, including the details as subcategories? I would think it would be better for page views to make more smaller, linked hubs, but is this true? It seems like
it's somewhat encouraged to make larger, more complicated hubs.
5. What is a capstone hub? I saw a few hubs labeled that way, but couldn't figure out what it meant.
Edit: sorry, one more question. I was thinking of sometimes recommending a related book in my Amazon affiliate store as part of the text or links section. It seems like this is allowed, but if I do it with a number of articles, is this the kind of thing that will decrease my ratings, or is it ok because Amazon is one of the official affiliates?
Welcome to Hugpages!
2. No, as long as you don't overdo it. But does not make any sense since those thumbs are not counted
3. You should respect copyright or any other terms attached to the image or video. It is your responsibility to figure out what exactly those terms are.
4. This depends on your goals
5. Since I don't write those, I don't remember. Somebody else will chime in
6. You are fine as long as you use Amazon capsule for this
by Ellen6 years ago
Whew. After four years, the mods FINALLY took the moderation thing off my account. Years ago I built a bunch of educational articles and linked to my own educational website to source my Greek art photos and prove I...
by Andrea Picarelli18 months ago
Hello Everyone, I made it to my 10th Hub and just got approved for Amazon and Google AdSense. I am disabled and cannot work a regular job. I do not make enough on Disability to pay rent, bills, and groceries. I tried...
by Daniel Mollat3 weeks ago
1. How do I reply to a comment at the bottom of my hub?2. I posted an Amazon capsule directly related to the theme of the hub and yet it was snipped. Why?3. When I posted the Amazon capsule I was not asked to enter my...
by Paul Edmondson2 years ago
I really like what Russ has to say.https://moz.com/blog/million-dollar-contentIf nothing else, jump to #3.
by CuzzoShizzo7 years ago
I got so excited about taking this challenge that I started building Hubs right away. As of right now I have 5 Hubs built, but since I am just starting the challenge today I am only going to count the 3 that I have...
by Mahaveer Sanglikar6 years ago
Does large Hubs attract more visitors than smaller ones?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.