My First Hub

1. nmd777 profile image59
    nmd777posted 6 years ago

I would like to get any feedback on my first hub. Thanks alot.

http://nmd777.hubpages.com/hub/Cheap-an … -your-home

1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image83
      R.S. Hutchinsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

HI Nmd and welcome to HP.

I read through it and offer the following:

It is a little short

the sentence, ".. that happy little feeling us women get when we go shopping and find a great item..."

should read : "...that happy little feeling we women get when we go shopping and find a great item..."

And...
      "Also, in the area of Michigan I was from; if you wanted to have a yard sale you were required to pay about $12.00 for a permit each time. In Tennessee, at least where we live in Tennessee, you can have a yard sale as often as you like"

implies that in TN you have to pay $12 to have a yard sale but can have as many as you'd like. (misplaced modifier)  I believe what you intended was:

" Where we live in TN there is no charge for having a yard sale, therefore you can have as many as you want!"

Moreover, do not use zero's when writing money. It should be $12, not $12.00 (see my latest article on grammar)

And in that same sentence the semicolon is improper. Use a comma or nothing at all or restructure the sentence: "Moreover, I was from an area in Michigan that required a surcharge of $12 if you wanted to host a yard sale!"

Good start! And truthfully made me want to go browse my local consignment shops - which is what matters most I believe.

2. nmd777 profile image59
    nmd777posted 6 years ago

Thanks alot for the input, I will definitely work on the grammar.

working