jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Post sub-domain switch - what happened to my backlinks?

1. 2besure profile image84
    2besureposted 6 years ago

In Hub metric all my hubs are showing only one incoming back-link.   Also none of my hubs that previously had PR have them now. Why did this happen?

2. thooghun profile image83
    thooghunposted 6 years ago

All of your hubs were subjected to a 301 redirect, which means all link juice will be permanently forwarded to their new address. However, your hubs and profile will be de-indexed and then re-indexed by Google as a result, meaning you will temporarily be in nowhere land.

It's normal, they'll be back. PR may not though, because it depends on how pagerank is distributed throughout the site, and that has fundamentally change. Anyway, PR is a relatively moot calculation and does not accurately reflect worth or traffic. Fret not.

1. 2besure profile image84
      2besureposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks thooghun,  wont't fret, "yet!"  LOL

3. Mikeydoes profile image76
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

They say it takes about 2 days to see your traffic increase.

I don't think I lost any traffic when I made the change originally, but either way it is well worth it.

1. Garrett Mickley profile image81
      Garrett Mickleyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I made the switch 7/15.  My traffic cut in half on the 16th, then ANOTHER half on the 17th, but on the 18th was right back to normal.

1. thooghun profile image83
        thooghunposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Panda scans swing by every 3-4 weeks, I'm guessing that''s how long it could potentially take to understand where you stand. Up until then it's likely that hubs will go through ups and downs as they climbs and fall periodically in the rankings.

2-3 days is what it takes to be reindexed by Google, but it can take far longer for your hubs to stabilize in the rankings.

My 2 euro cents smile

working