Redgage

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (46 posts)
  1. Nickalooch profile image60
    Nickaloochposted 12 years ago

i have surprisingly actually gotten some traffic from Redgage directly. i know just mostly boosts your SEO, but i have gotten traffic on there. I have seen that you sent me a friend request on there but to everyone else. You can add me on Redgage...my ID is Nickalooch

1. tobey100 profile image61
      tobey100posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've given up on Redgage.  Half the time I can't log in.  Very irritating.

2. sanathara profile image61
      sanatharaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I also don't like Redgage..It's true there is some problem with the site.It takes lots of time to log in..so.I also have given up with it..It's indeed annoying...

1. GrowingDeeper profile image60
        GrowingDeeperposted 12 years agoin reply to this

i think most of the time the problems are related to it being in beta. hopefully, things will be fixed soon and from what i was told it actually should be a lot better of a site shortly

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

I'm TylerWTFDurden on redgage. . . . I got tired of being me for about a half second. . . .I pretty much just use it for links. . . and I've not been doing much of that lately there.  That site has so many glitched out moments that you have to wonder who runs their software. . .and why that person still has a job.

yea i had em for about the first week but mostly has settled down

3. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 12 years ago

What about StumbleUpon or Reddit? Have you tried either of those? I see them at the bottom of my hubs.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Reddit is far and away the best traffic source I know of outside of long term Google traffic.

One must be careful there to place one's hubs in the most correct category, and to also comment things - else you'll be banned as a spammer. . . .as I have been at least five different times. . .

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image61
        FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've signed up for Reddit, but I don't think I've written anything that fits their topics.

2. GrowingDeeper profile image60

Stumbleupon im on same name..have gotten about 15 hits and one friend in about 3 weeks.

4. Victoria Lynn profile image88

Interesting. I don't know if I could keep up very well with another site.

5. Victoria Lynn profile image88

I signed up with StumbleAbout, and it looks kind of fun, but I don't know how much traffic it produces. Do you ?

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
      PaulGoodman67posted 12 years agoin reply to this

"StumbleAbout" sounds great, I am guessing it is the drunken version of Stumbleupon?  ;-)

But seriously, I joined RedGage a month ago and wrote a hub about it, which I plan to update every few weeks...

6. thejeffriestube profile image60
    thejeffriestubeposted 12 years ago

Thanks Paul, I about spit my soda all over my screen!

7. thejeffriestube profile image60

You would really be suprised. There are thousands of sub-reddits.

i might have to hit up redditt. but like lynn said keeping up with another site is like geeeez a little overkill. any body use friendfeeder?

and btw thanks thejeff..u gave me the idea for this thread

8. thejeffriestube profile image60

My pleasure, Sir!

1. Victoria Lynn profile image88
      Victoria Lynnposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha! Okay, okay. I meant StumpleUpon.But you gotta admit--StumbleAbout was funny!

9. Victoria Lynn profile image88

AND, I just got 11 hits from this site since I signed up--almost that many on each of my four hubs!

1. CMHypno profile image80
      CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just don't stumble your own stuff - stumble other hubber's hubs and articles that you have enjoyed elsewhere on the web, or you may run  into trouble. These are social bookmarking sites - not self promotion sites.

If you are going for overload though, you could try shetoldme, Snipsly and Excerptz.com

10. BethanRose profile image61
    BethanRoseposted 12 years ago

I get quite a lot of traffic from RedGage, I'll have to try Reddit though.

1. CMHypno profile image80
      CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I found them to be a mean bunch on Reddit LOL! They will be very quick to jump all over you if they don't like your stuff or think that you are a spammer

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image96
        Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have found the user conditions on Reddit to be a little bit different. Although I have been unable to find them actually detailed anywhere, experience taught me that they include:

1) Every second word you type must contain only four letters, begin with F or C - and still more often than not be mis-spelled.

2) Every opportunity must be taken to abuse as rudely as possible every other member who does not belong to your own private little clique.

3) Topics and articles which are not of personal, overwhelming interest to you must be down voted and branded as spam at all times.

In all honesty, the only experiences I had with Reddit were bad ones. 100%. This was despite spending a lot of time trying to use the site positively and the way it was intended. "StumbleAbout" sounds infinitely preferable... wink

2. BethanRose profile image61
        BethanRoseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am trying reddit now and it seems you have to wait between each link you post! Apparently I am doing it too much so I have to wait for 7 minutes, lol. Woops!

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image96
          Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good luck - I hope you have thick skin! smile

1. thejeffriestube profile image60
            thejeffriestubeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Be careful with Reddit. Each sub-Reddit does have moderators that watch and if you are marked as a spammer, you WILL get banned. I found it was good to only put about 3-4 links on reddit per day. Make sure you put them in the right category, not just reddit.com or they will get lost.

1. BethanRose profile image61
              BethanRoseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh, that's a great help ctually, thanks. I think I posted all of my links in the reddit.com category yesterday! Thanks again! smile

11. thejeffriestube profile image60

Ok folks, honest opinion time. Redgage has not gained my trust. At all. I think I could code a better website drunk on top of a moving car. So many of the features do not work, for instance, the Import tools, which are probably the most important. I'm not confident of even getting paid from that site if the technical side is in that much disarray. I'm done with them, back to writing Hubs. :-)

12. daybreak profile image77
    daybreakposted 12 years ago

Like others, I almost gave up on Redgage. I am glad I stuck with it.

About a year ago I started seeing links that I had posted showing up in search engine results.

It seems that if you post a link on RG, both the resulting RG page and the link that is referenced tend to get indexed pretty quickly.

Of course Redgage is like most social sites, you get out of it what you put into it.

13. mike-tells-all profile image61
    mike-tells-allposted 12 years ago

I like Redgage. I have gotten one payment there and have made enough for a second, but haven't cashed out yet. It has helped with traffic to some of my other online properties.

14. thisisoli profile image76
    thisisoliposted 12 years ago

Remember to stay on topic with reddit as well, it is heavily moderated. You better hopw your articles are interesting if you don't want to get kicked from htat particular source.

As always Reddit's sole value is traffic, and it can get you a lot of it, but it is still low value traffic.

15. sofs profile image73
    sofsposted 12 years ago

I do not see any of my links form Red gage anywhere does anyone know why?

16. Rob Winters profile image74
    Rob Wintersposted 12 years ago

Hey hubbers AKA Nickalooch & TylerWTFDurden on redgage if you can tell me how to add you on redgage you'll be my first friends there.I'm RobWinters on redgage. I've had a look and can see ways to add friends via other social newtorks but don't see how i add by redgage id's.

Re:Redgage I've gotten views on links posted there but never seem to see any redgage views in my hub stats. The redgage links do seem to rank well in the serps mind.Sometimes the redgage link to my hubs are above the hubpage links to the same hub for certain keywords which surprises me.

Rob if im not mistaken you can just use the search bar and search by username and it will bring you to their profile (i believe)

1. Ania L profile image78
        Ania Lposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Confirmed - I just did find few of you guys here on redgage by searching the name in Search bar.
        It brings the list of articles, under each is the author name to click on and see the profile. There is a link to add friend. Done smile

I'm eldani on Redgage, don't have a Reddit yet...

17. melbel profile image95
    melbelposted 12 years ago

melbel on Reddit
    melbel on Redgage
    warchildbosnia on StumbleUpon

If anyone is interested in following me on any of those sites.

added you on RG, now to Stumbleupon

18. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 12 years ago

I have befriended people on here.  I am paulgoodman67 on redgage, reddit, and stumbleupon.  Please consider adding me as a friend too!  :-)

added on stumbleupon and RG. im not on redditt, ive heard so many mixed opinions and that is wasnt very relevant anymore..input?

2. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
      PaulGoodman67posted 12 years agoin reply to this

(If RedGage allows you to sign in, of course! lol)

i always have to click it twice. then usually no problem. i use firefox, but a friend told me chrome worked decently over there

19. Rob Winters profile image74

Thanks GrowingDeeper.

Thank you Paul.I think i've returned the favour.I clicked the subscribe button on your profile page too. Wasn't sure if i had to add you as a friend or whether that occurs automatically as a result of accepting you as a friend. Appreciate if you could confirm i've got it right then i'll proceed to add the other redgage user names on this page.Thanks again.

Re Redgage: It's certainly not the most intuitive site but it works ok if i access it through firefox - Internet Explorer seems to be a different story.

20. Rob Winters profile image74

OK
    GrowingDeeper
    Melbel
    Wesman &
    Nickalooch

I've hit all your subscribe and friend buttons on redgage smile

I'm RobWinters on redgage.

gotya Rob

21. trecords0 profile image61
    trecords0posted 12 years ago

I signed up for Red Gage lastnight and then spent the whole day uploading.  I have not seen any traffic to my hubs from them.  It says I hit over $5 and have over 600 hits, but like everyone else has said, the site is full of bugs and dead links, no help menu anywhere, hell, they can't even line up the text in the text boxes, so why should I expect to get paid by them?  Another day wasted on a hopeful site.

1. trecords0 profile image61
      trecords0posted 12 years agoin reply to this

My mind is slowly changing about Red Gage.  I wrote a hub about it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)