jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Can I see what searches are driving traffic from Google to my hubs?

1. SpotCoolStuff.com profile image69
    SpotCoolStuff.composted 9 years ago

Some of my hubs are getting a fair bit of traffic from Google. (And some are not). Is there any way to see what search terms brought my Google traffic?

Thanks.

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

google analytics smile

1. broalexdotinfo profile image55
      broalexdotinfoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Of what I`ve heard now you can also track adsense earnings in Google Analytics. smile

1. anime_nanet profile image62
        anime_nanetposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That one is nice but what I would really like to know is if you can have acess to exactly which adds were cliked by your viewers.

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
          Mark Knowlesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

lol

Well, I assume you have checked your analytics account. I also assume you have checked your google adsense account.

Do you see any way of doing that?

1. broalexdotinfo profile image55
            broalexdotinfoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I haven`t tried yet, but that what I`ve read lately on Google`s blog. Let me have a look. smile

@Mark - there`s no way to do that with our Hubpages earnings.

3. SpotCoolStuff.com profile image69
    SpotCoolStuff.composted 9 years ago

Ah, yes . . . for my blogs I entered the tracking code into the HTML so I mistakenly figured you couldn't track with Google Analytics.

Thanks, Mark, for pointing me in the right direction and for Shailini for writing the great hub on how to set this up:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-setup-Go … h-Hubpages

4. broalexdotinfo profile image55
    broalexdotinfoposted 9 years ago

@Anime - That`s what you can easily do in your adsense account, not really sure if it`s possible on Google Analytics. Haven`t even tried to track my Adsense Earnings there.

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

How exactly can you do that with your hubpages? smile

5. Stormy Brain profile image58
    Stormy Brainposted 9 years ago

Spend some time with your Google Analytics reports. They'll teach you a great deal about what's going on with your site.

Key places to look:

Dashboard: Showing you overall trends

Traffic Sources: Which engines are most important for you. Key - look for social bookmarking sites on the list. If you're getting Stumbleupon, Digg, Del.icio.us, etc. your pages are generating traffic because people actually LIKE your work and recommend it to others!

Traffic Sources -> Keywords: Not really actionable, but interesting, telling you how many keywords have sent traffic to your hubs. Actually can be quite interesting to see how many keywords deep you have, reflecting the power of Hubpages. (Actually, it is actionable, if you drive links to your pages you can influence these.)

Content -> Top Content: Shows which of your pages are being seen most frequently

Have fun - it's addicting to watch your line go up and down!

6. Jennifer Bowman profile image54
    Jennifer Bowmanposted 9 years ago

Just bear in mind that the keyword listed is the one that brought them to the HubPages domain - they may have then browsed around a bit before hitting one of your pages.

I have had some very weird keywords show up in my analytics reports - gemma atkinson? how many hairs does the average human scalp contain? vampire girls hot? - because of this phenomenon ...

working