jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Problem with Following Hubbers (& Being Followed)

1. melbel profile image98
    melbelposted 6 years ago

I've been getting a lot of blank fan mail lately and also have sent it as well when following users.

The pop-up thing is kind of cool, but it would be nice if nothing was entered that fan mail isn't left. I naturally just hit Okay or whatever on the pop-up as I'd assumed it was some sort of confirmation versus a form on which to write some fan mail.

Just a though.

1. whiteorchids profile image73
      whiteorchidsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I agree. smile

2. Ari Lamstein profile image79
      Ari Lamsteinposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I have just submitted a fix for this and it will go out with our next release.

3. Glenn Stok profile image100
      Glenn Stokposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Gee I was wondering why I was getting blank fan mail lately. Now I know why. neutral  Glad a fix is on the way. Thanks Ari.

2. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 6 years ago

People can use one of the little checked options when they leave fan mail, and not an actual message. 

Here's an idea:  since those are all pre-determined, they should be pre-approved and not something we have to okay.

3. Glenn Stok profile image100
    Glenn Stokposted 6 years ago

I like the fact that HP put back the number of followers on Hubs as of today. This is important as readers may want to see how well liked an author is when they read their Hubs.

But one thing that was taken away that I feel is just as important, is the ability to follow someone from their Hub without requiring them to go to their profile. I wonder what the thought process was in deciding to remove that feature. Maybe I'm missing something that lead to that decision.

1. Howard S. profile image90
      Howard S.posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I want to have the option to follow a hubber from his/her hub, not just from the profile.

A sightly related issue is I have trouble finding the number of followers someone has when it is in the current location near the flag. It seemed much more  relevant under thi photo with other author stats.

1. Glenn Stok profile image100
        Glenn Stokposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That was put back on the hubs. But HP never put back the ability to follow someone from their hub.

working