jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

I found myself being "followed" by no less than 3 new hubbers who are nothing bu

1. Violet Flame profile image73
    Violet Flameposted 7 years ago

I found myself being "followed" by no less than 3 new hubbers who are nothing but a profile...

picture. How do we stop someone like this from "following" us? ... as I don't feel they are genuine hubbers at all so it is making me feel quite uncomfortable.

2. melbel profile image97
    melbelposted 7 years ago

Eh, it doesn't bother me. They may be someone that found your articles on hubpages and enjoyed them but aren't the type that write and publish things of their own. Remember, we on hubpages are writers and we write for an audience that is not only full of other hubbers but other people on the Internet. I'd take it as a compliment that it may be a possibility that someone created an account just so they could be on the lookout for more work from me.

3. lisabeaman profile image82
    lisabeamanposted 7 years ago

I'm getting the same thing... but I don't think it's because they've read anything I've written... I think they are just randomly following people. Earlier I had a few more, but they aren't there any more. I'm pretty new on here. So is this not a normal thing?

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

You have no control over who follows you.  It's not worth wasting time worrying about it. 

However, I can say that's it's beneficial to be very picky about who you chose to follow, and that only following people whose writing and advice you genuinely like is a good idea.

For example, I have over 2000 followers yet only follow about two dozen people myself.  But I like EVERYTHING they write.

5. solar.power profile image55
    solar.powerposted 7 years ago

Bring it on! The more foloowers the better!~

6. jossecarr profile image59
    jossecarrposted 7 years ago

They may be starting up at hubpages  and about to have their own hubs.

7. singlmomat52 profile image78
    singlmomat52posted 7 years ago

Hi Violet, I don't mind these hit and miss hubbers. They eventually come back around and write a hub. Sometimes they are just checking it out to see what Hubpages is all about. And too you must have had a hub that caught their attention, that's a good thing. Don't worry, I am sure there is no harm meant. I have several too. Have a great day.

8. pennyauctionviewe profile image77
    pennyauctionvieweposted 7 years ago

I agree with Mabel. They are not harming you so why bother dealing with them?

9. Brandon Martin profile image77
    Brandon Martinposted 5 years ago

I agree with "melbel". They may be that type... nut as long as they don't write or express in any other way an intention of negativity, then you are fine.

If they do show negative intent, contact HubPages and FLAG their profile.