jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

How long will it take Google to forget about my deleted content.

1. CASE1WORKER profile image76
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

I started a blog recently on blogger and regret it.
    I have deleted the posts though am unable to delete the title.
    I would like to republish the information in a hub as I think it would compliment some of my other hubs. How long ought I to wait to publish the material? I certainly do not want to google slap! Also if I hold it  as unpublished whilst I work on it, do the google bots see it?
    Any ideas welcome. My gut reaction is that one week is sufficient but I would love to hear other peoples opinions and experiences.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has experience with this issue.

1. thooghun profile image82
      thooghunposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If you have a Google Webmasters account you can remove the URL's there.

CASE1WORKERposted 6 years agoin reply to this

thooghun-Thank you ever so much, one account deleted.

2. CASE1WORKER profile image76
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

Bump

Have deleted blog in total now need the advice about when I can re publish the content without a duplicate tag going on to it!

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Why can't you rewrite your content? it's not as hard as it looks and you do not have to worry about any slaps whatsoever. Why don't you like blogger?

It's not that I didn't like blogger, I just realised that I wanted to write it as a hub. You know the feeling when you wake up and think I have this great idea for a hub- well I had that! I guess I could rewrite but then like a lot of us, I hate re work. Perhaps a two pronged solution, part rewrite , part time delay til re published. Thanks ever so much for your idea I really appreciate it.

1. profile image0
          Home Girlposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I just know that even after a decent break republishing might hurt. That old absent-minded Google- granny...

1. sortapundit profile image60
            sortapunditposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Good question.  I've just made a similar move from Squidoo to Hubpages after the automatic spam filter kept marking my material as 'too commercial' (when my writing, travel tips and the like, is not commercial in the slightest). 

You can keep an eye on your progress with Google by typing 'site:(your blogger address)' in the search field - the pages Google has indexed for your blog will appear.

2. IzzyM profile image90
      IzzyMposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thinking of my own problems here, but did you check your content wasn't stolen before you unpublished it?

Do you have a copy of your content? I'm assuming you do because you want to republish it.

Take a section of that work, and put it into search.

Take several sections, in fact.

See what comes up, if it is your own work, it has not yet been de-indexed.

If it is someone else who has copied your work, you can't re-publish and will need to re-word everything.

If nothing shows at all, fire away, the field is clear!

I think it had so few visits it would be unlikely to be stolen! But yes, I shall do what you say before I re write, then I wont get caught.
        I think I shall take one part of each blog post then I wont have a problem- thinking aloud I could check 1 post but they might have copied the other three only!
        Thanks to everyone

working