jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Profile Page Ads...

1. ProCW profile image82
    ProCWposted 9 years ago

Wouldn't it be more beneficial to HP and each of us if the advertisements on our profile pages were in different positions? They're located in positions that don't seem very likely to be clicked. Would it be better to have a 728x90 at the top of our profiles? Or perhaps the option of including a square ad or two within the text of the profile? How 'bout a couple link units on our profiles (and our hubs?)

Just some thoughts...

ProCW

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 9 years ago

I'd rather the profile area look the way it does. I don't expect people to buy or click on AdSense when they visit my profile. I'd rather they look at my other writings...

1. SweetiePie profile image82
      SweetiePieposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree smile.

1. ProCW profile image82
        ProCWposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Uh huh... smile

I like the set up of the Hubpages profile as it is.  Simple and encouraging others to read our hubs.

1. ProCW profile image82

I think it'd be nice though (maybe just as an option) to make it more click friendly... i like how it is currently as well, but i do think that the ads aren't really in clickable positions... it was just an idea though... smile

That might be a good option and a good suggestion ProCw smile.  I guess when it comes to these things I am just more of a go with the flow kind of person and would rather leave it up the programming experts at HubPages to figure out the layout of things.  I have my own little website for doing backgrounds, layouts, etc, although it probably looks garish to some people as I put lots of color on it.

2. ProCW profile image82

Then why have them on there at all? Just wondering...

1. profiler profile image76
        profilerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Why not? Maybe there's someone that does click. As long as the adds don't hurt the main content of the page I don't see a problem.

3. profile image51
    fun2hubposted 9 years ago

Profile pages look good at present, ProCW's suggestion seems nice too smile

1. ProCW profile image82

thanks! smile

working