I am new to posting on hubpages and would love constructive criticism. Thanks for taking the time and effort to give me your feedback!
You have lots to offer, very strong concepts and important experience to share. But you need to reach more readers.
I'm not a professional Hubber, but I have got some top ranked hubs in my areas of interest with some pretty good traffic. Here are some suggestions:
1) I'd take the caps locks off on your basic content. Only bold the headings.
2) I'd break up your paragraphs into 2 and sometimes one "chunks". I've learned that the shorter the sentence and paragraph the better. Most visitors just skim.
3) I'd use smaller photos (you can reduce their size and even leave the top right section free for adds etc.
4) I'd do some research on how to find "niche keywords" for your Hub-titles. You want to find actual Google keyword search terms and phrases that your target audience out there is actually typing in, but with manageable competition.
5) Again, you have so much to offer prospective readers out there. You could really make a positive difference in the lives of others. Please, keep writing and learning about how to structure and present what you are writing.
I hope that helps and I'll be looking for more of your Hubs in the near future!
Thanks so much for your input and suggestions. I'm not sure what you mean about breaking up paragraphs into "2 and sometimes one chunks." Do you mean to make the paragraphs smaller?
I will try to do a google key-word search...probably something I need to learn to do anyway.
Sorry about that typo of mine. I guess I was trying to say "chunk-down" the paragraphs. http://www.copyblogger.com/scannable-content/
You'll see this chunk down technique with some amazing Hubber's and top Bloggers too. Here's 1 Top Hubber-example of chunk-down writing:
I loved the simplicity and flow of Mark Ewbie's writing and then gradually went on to learn about this 2 sentence paragraph rule.
Sometimes, it's just a 1 sentence paragraph.
It's not "proper writing," but since I've applied it my articles have really taken off. I basically went through and broke-down my paragraphs into 3 or 4 smaller chunks.
I then tried to further simplify each chunk so as not to sound like a jargon-monger. It worked.
Just wanted to add:
1) Don't forget to cross link your Hubs. For example in one Hub you refer back to another.
Make sure that you add a link to your other Hubs while editing. That's the chain link icon. You click on it and it opens up.
You then copy and paste from your address bar from above your other Hub (you can also get the short link under "stats" to copy/paste).
2) Also, link to Hubs with the select links button at the top of the Hub.
3) Look for and start treads and questions related to your area of knowledge and passion. That way you'll get a high rating as an answer-er. I'd hope hubs in the same way and help others that just arrive.
by Valeed7 years ago
Hi! i've recently joined HP so am in the process of learning how this internet freelance writing works. I am looking for feedback for my hubs. I believe I can learn alot from all experienced hubbers, so do give your...
by John Hansen16 months ago
I recently revived an email from HP stating that one of my established hubs: http://hubpages.com/art/Learning-to-Dra … Your-Brain was being considered for a move to FeltMagnet. The email said it was high quality...
by Lily Rose7 years ago
I'm a bit lost and unsure if there's anything I can to to increase revenue from one particular hub of mine: http://hubpages.com/hub/wall-decor-photo-displayThis one hub accounts for 27%-35% of my daily views, every...
by Ceres Schwarz4 years ago
Hello. I just recently joined HubPages a few days ago. I have made three hubs so far and I'm hoping to make more. But I would really appreciate some feedback and advice on the hubs that I've made so far. I would like to...
by -2 years ago
Hello,Fairly new to this site and enjoying it a great deal. Have thus far not been able to engage with community too much due to things being rather busy all at once! I would appreciate it if anyone could...
by Haripriya Munipalli3 weeks ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Health Benefits of Tuberose Essential Oil. What can I do to improve? Thanks!
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.