jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Amazon Affiliate Account Question

1. ThunderKeys profile image68
    ThunderKeysposted 6 years ago

I haven't been able to access my Amazon Affiliate page for over 2 weeks, even though it is currently active with books listed on my Hubs.

I recently moved houses. My old internet and e-mail account shut down before I could change e-mails on the Amazon Affiliate Account. 

I was prompted to change my main Amazon.com password which was supposed to have changed my Amazon Affiliate Password.

I've changed my main Amazon.com account e-mail and password a number of times over the past 2 weeks but those changes have not registered on my affiliate account. So I'm still locked out. Any suggestions?

1. seamist profile image70
      seamistposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't know whether this will help, but here's the link to a contact form: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp … es/contact

1. ThunderKeys profile image68
        ThunderKeysposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi seamist. Thank you very much for responding and supplying the link.

But to tell you the truth, I've actually used that link over 20 times in the last 2 weeks, without any resolution to the above stated problem.

What I'm wondering: Is it true that when I change my main Amazon.com account e-mail and password that it also changes the e-mail and password on the affiliate setting?

1. seamist profile image70
          seamistposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, but I don't know the answer to that question.

2. galleryofgrace profile image82
          galleryofgraceposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If I remember correctly you had to indicate whether or not you wanted to use the same password for both. So maybe one of them is still using the old password.

2. ThunderKeys profile image68
    ThunderKeysposted 6 years ago

Actually, I just got a call from an Amazon Customer Service Rep. She said that yes, when changes are made to the e-mail and password on the main Amazon.com account then those changes are automatically made to the Amazon Affiliate account.

She couldn't actually explain why that didn't happen for me despite multiple resettings of my e-mail and password on the main account. 

I also had a problem with the Captcha not registering while a customer service rep was on the phone with me 2 weeks ago, despite testing my capslock in a number of standard ways, based on the agent's suggestions. My capslock worked fine except on the Amazon site. 

Weird or What?

working