jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

"Hide This Story" does not work

1. Hyphenbird profile image94
    Hyphenbirdposted 5 years ago

One can hide an unwanted Hub over and over but it pops back up every time a new comment is added. I am so sick of seeing all these cluttering up my feed. Please fix this so a story remains hidden unless the person chooses to see them. Thank you so much. PLEASE, I am begging for this feature.

1. Fawntia profile image
      Fawntiaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Hyphenbird,

When you hide a story, it is only that exact story that is hidden, not future updates on the same Hub. It is on our to-do list to expand the ability to hide entire Hubs from your feed, but I can't say for sure when that feature will be available. Thank you for your input.

1. Hyphenbird profile image94
        Hyphenbirdposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh thank you, thank you! All of those religious arguments and "discussions" make me crazy. In the mean time I will pray for them all and try to ignore it. laugh

1. Fawntia profile image
          Fawntiaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You should be able to hide the entire "Religion and Philosophy" topic if you want to. It's another option on the same menu that you use to hide a particular story. Just mouse over "hide stories in this category" and select from the "which category?" options presented.

2. Sally's Trove profile image84
    Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago

I find this feed feature on HP completely useless. I pay no attention to it at all. If I want to know what's going on with my interactions on HP, I visit Forums (your) and my own back and forth with comments to my Hubs and others' comments to mine. Plus, I interact with Hubbers whom I follow based on the daily email notices from HP about who among them published what each day. That works for me to know the stuff I need to know about being on HP.

1. JamaGenee profile image86
      JamaGeneeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sherri, I find the feed feature quite useful.  When someone I follow comments on a new or not-so-new hubber I don't know about, often times I'll end up following them too.

1. Sally's Trove profile image84
        Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good point, Joanna. But I find that interconnectedness in different ways. The feed doesn't add anything to my positive experience with HP. And I find it an annoyance.

working