jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Is there a way to have someone look at a first post?

1. Xenonlit profile image61
    Xenonlitposted 6 years ago

Without appearing to be promoting, I would appreciate any advice or tips for getting my first post right. I have been writing for a while, but have rarely done any complete page layouts.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I reviewed your hub.

You could try breaking down your text into sections. Things that you would like to have, like "history" or "today" should be in text capsules by themselves, this way you give yourself the ability to line up photos or Amazon or Ebay products along side.

The format you have now looks messy, because you have a couple of photos at the bottom, but your text just runs from the top to the bottom.

If you would like, check out any of my hubs to see what I am talking about.

Xenonlitposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot! Now I just have to figure out how to do all that. Yours has photos to the right and the text wrapping around.

Xenonlitposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Done and done! It was not difficult to figure it out and now I feel more in control of this process. Again, thanks.

1. Cagsil profile image60
          Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome. smile

3. QuestionMaster profile image87
    QuestionMasterposted 6 years ago

Just a tip - I reported this thread to have it moved to the extreme hub make over forum. In the Extreme Hub Makeover forum you can post your hub links for feedback without worrying about self promotion.

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hey Questionmaster,

This hubber already has a thread opened in the Extreme Hub Makeover forum thread, asking this. Just to let you know. I left a link in that forum thread, for them to see my post here.

1. QuestionMaster profile image87
        QuestionMasterposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Ah. Ok thank you.

4. IzzyM profile image89
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Whew! For a minute there I thought QuestionMaster and Cags were the same person! Silly me!

working