jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Duplicate content on HubPages

1. dungeonraider profile image85
    dungeonraiderposted 5 years ago

Does duplicate content on HubPages affect how Google views our subdomains?  If so, could we get duplicate content removed from places like Pesonal Finance (description word for word from wiki).  I've noticed my articles ranking higher with Google from secondary sites and was hoping we might change that with a little tweaking.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it will affect your subdomain.

Stolen articles can often be solved by filing a DMCA complaint; there are several sections of the learning center that go over this.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/how- … -complaint

If, however, you yourself have published an article earlier and have now put a duplicate of that article on HubPages you will have to remove the original yourself.  If you have given it to someone else to publish and now want those rights back the problem is in your lap.

I'm not sure from your post just what has happened, but HP will unpublish hubs that are duplicated from other sources even if you own both the other article and the hub.  Stolen content is recognized as such and no penalty should be applied, but it is up to you (as the owner of the original) to file that DMCA and get stolen material removed.

2. dungeonraider profile image85
    dungeonraiderposted 5 years ago

Well here's hoping wiki doesn't do that!  Sorry, let me try that again.  The personal finance section of HubPages has a description.  It is duplicated from wiki.  Or wiki copied it, one or the other.  Hubs-->Personal Finance

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Interesting.  A search for the first 32 words produced 16,000 results, of which the first page is 100% duplication.  HubPages is far down on the second page.

It would seem that that is a definition of some sort....

working