jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

As my hubber score increases, my adsense and analytics stats decreases

1. profile image0
    jenuboukaposted 6 years ago

I have a feeling that I am missing a minor/major aspect here.  Should I concern myself with the bounce rate?

1. wilderness profile image98
      wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The biggest thing you are missing is the understanding that hubber score has very little to do with traffic.  While traffic may be one of the things that goes into this figure, it is minor.

1. profile image0
        jenuboukaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I have noticed.  In doing some hopping I see content that should be flagged or deleted, but their score is not affected, nor the hub

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

I would suggest ignoring the score except to the extent that very low scores suggest you are breaking rules.  Concern yourself with the stats that relate to you goals here (e.g. earnings, traffic, referrals). Are you happy for visitors to just read the hub and maybe click an ad to leave?  if so bounce rate is not problem.

1. profile image0

I am happy with the overall rating of my hubs, though feel that I am overlooking a major detail when reviewing my adsense reports.  Some hubbers state they have  1000's of views a day, and wonder how I can achieve this organically.  More traffic more adsense revenue right?  Although I have been with hubpages for about 8 months, I only have been really active since august, so  maybe I should not be so concerned?  Thanks for responding, very much appreciated.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If you divide their traffic by their number of hubs does it end up in double or low triple figures?  if so, yes, that is quite achievable with organic traffic alone.

Hah!  100 hubs producing an average of 100 views per hub per day will result in 1 million views in just over 3 months.  If you can do that I would certainly like you for a mentor!

I don't average even 20 views per day per hub, and I'm quite happy with it.

1. profile image0

It would be nice if the services provided to help aid in revenue and analysis would stop changing or "upgrading" the programs.  It is confusing and frustrating. 
            I can average 10 to 50 views a day, I guess it all depends on the SEO fairies.

If your hubs are fairly new I would not find that unusual.  A difference of 40 views isn't that much, even though it is a large percentage.  My own traffic varies between 1100 and 1600, with mostly hubs at or greater than 1 year old. 

As your hubs get more age on them they should settle out.

working