jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

Is this common or strange??

1. fpherj48 profile image78
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

I read a "series" of stories by a particular NEW hubber, which I enjoyed and was the first in EVERY case, to leave a comment.  That was 4 weeks ago.  Going back to visit, I see, not even one more comment than mine...nor is there even one response to my comments, from the author.  It is as though, he wrote them, I read them & commented and POOF! he vansihed.  What do I make of this?  HAs this ever happened to you?

1. sofs profile image84
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LOL.. Strange indeed..Maybe he is just trying out his story to see the response..
      On the other hand I guess at HubPages creative writers really need to network to get comments and appreciation form others I guess.. so if he is a new hubber he may not get many comments until he networks or interacts on the forms.. so may not be all that strange really .

fpherj48posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Doesn't seem possible that in 4 weeks not another soul has read and/or commented on a series of 12 hubs!!  I also cannot imagine an author not checking back on his work....but, oh well, I guess I'm learning something new everyday here!

2. fpherj48 profile image78

sofs.....well, he'll NEVER know the response of his TRIAL if he never checks his site!!

2. paradigmsearch profile image85
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Although we have all seen hubs with pages of comments, I would suspect that hubs with zero or maybe one comment are the rule, not the exception.

As to the author not commenting back, alas, I am usually guilty of that myself. I never know what to say. When I am in the rare comment mood, I usually go make a comment on the commentor's hub about their hub instead.

OK...you just knocked me over with a feather......In 4 months, I have yet to see a hub with "zero or maybe one," comment....until this one I mentioned.  I've read hundreds thus far and they have comments that go on forever!  Thank you so much for your input......I'm beginning to think this guy left the country to a place without access to computers!! lol

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
          paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I guess it's just mine. lol

3. Pcunix profile image88
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'd say it's foolish..

I'm assuming your comment should have caused a response, of course.

Pcunix.....If he's not reading even comments left for his hub....I DOUBT HE'S READING ANYTHING ON THE HP SITE!!  I swear, the man vanished into thin air! hahahahha

working