jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (19 posts)

I'm getting SO far behind

1. mary615 profile image97
    mary615posted 6 years ago

I'm trying so hard to keep up with my comments, read my email, read entrys in the contest that I want to read, and trying to write new Hubs, there just aren't enough hours in my day.  I stay up late at night, and wake up early in the AM to play catch up.  I'm not complaining:  I'm loving every minute of it!

1. debbie roberts profile image86
      debbie robertsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I feel the same. When I started I never realised how much I would enjoy HubPages.  I also find myself on here late into the night, with consequences though, I find it difficult to sleep, so tend only to do that at the week ends.

2. AEvans profile image79
      AEvansposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It's an addiction. Many of us are in the same boat. smile

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
        Hollie Thomasposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I used to always be in bed before 11.30 before I started writing here, now I'm lucky to get to bed by 2am.

2. mary615 profile image97
        mary615posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I think you're right, AEvans.  I can't wait to open up my computer in the wee hours of the morning to check my HubPages!!!

1. debbie roberts profile image86
          debbie robertsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

There are worse things to be addicted to...Although eating a bar of Cadburys never takes so long!

3. paradigmsearch profile image94
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I am wrong.[And righting.{

2. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

I've been feeling that way too.  When I got up this morning I said "I WILL get everything done today that I have on my list!"

Then I got interrupted by an unexpected call from a customer and had to run out to see them. 

Amazingly enough, I still managed to finish up my list when I got back and even more amazingly it was only 3:00 PM.

I gave myself an extra piece of chocolate for that :-)

1. Rochelle Frank profile image95
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Darn customers!

1. Pcunix profile image91
        Pcunixposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I know.  Like I need their stupid money!

Oh.. wait...  I need to think that through a little more..

1. Rochelle Frank profile image95
          Rochelle Frankposted 6 years agoin reply to this

smile

3. tlpoague profile image87
    tlpoagueposted 6 years ago

I feel like it will take me forever to get caught up to where I want to be again. My hubby and I started a new business in September and it feels like it is swallowing alot of my HP time I use to do. Now I feel lucky if I can read one or two hubs and post a comment, let alone find time to post my own hub. I don't see us having alot of free time yet till the snow sets in.
    My apologies to anyone who may have thought I have forgot about them. I miss my HP addiction!

Hey, I'm catching up!  I've spent all day today (Sat.) reading new Hubs.  Some have been short stories and that takes a while.  I'll get there one day. I still want to read the contest entries.

4. QuestionMaster profile image85
    QuestionMasterposted 6 years ago

Congratulations on being one of the 5% of hubbers who actually read the hubs of those they follow. smile

I do read all my follower's Hubs.  I may be a couple of days after they're published, but I do read them.  Just between us though:  I have a confession to make.  Sometimes I'm really pushed for time, and if I see it's going to be a LONG  short story, I'll bookmark it and go back when I have more time.

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

There's nothing wrong with bookmarking a hub to go back to read later. It's done by a number of people. You should not feel the need to worry about reading other people's hubs. There's no need to apologize for not having the time to do so. Sometimes life gets in the way and that's just the way it is. wink

I feel like it's a courtesy thing.  If a fellow Hubber likes me enough to read and comment on my work, the least I can do is reciprocate.  Besides, I learn from all of my followers.

5. paradigmsearch profile image94
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Tired of this thread.

me, too!

working