jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Search My Hubs feature does not work

1. Azure11 profile image90
    Azure11posted 5 years ago

I don't know if it is just me but when I try and use the search feature for a link and I change it to search my hubs, it just comes back with everyone else's as usual. I noticed this on the last couple of hubs I wrote. I use Google Chrome browser.

1. Cardisa profile image92
      Cardisaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Maybe HP has not indexed you hub yet, it can take a while before it shows up in that search feature. What you need to do is open another window, manually search for your hub and copy the URL there.

2. Azure11 profile image90

Thanks cardisa but it happens when I am looking for old hubs too - it brings up 20 or so of other people's. I do use the solution you suggested but it is just annoying that the functionality does not work (for me at least)

Yeah I know what you mean. It has happened to me. I think sometimes the system experience glitches like that. Best thing is to report it.

3. LeanMan profile image83
    LeanManposted 5 years ago

It has been working fine for me in chrome and firefox....

Do you have hubs with the topics you are searching for?? If you highlight hairspray and all your other hubs are about fishing it will not find anything..

4. Azure11 profile image90

Thanks LeanMan but yes I have specifically chosen the exact words from the hub title just to help it out but still no joy.

Cardisa, I thought this was the place to report it!

Yes it is, sorry. Thought I was in another forum. We'll keep bumping until staff sees it.

5. Azure11 profile image90

Thanks Cardisa :-)

6. Gareth Pritchard profile image69
    Gareth Pritchardposted 5 years ago

Hi all,

I think the problem is Chrome it uses a lot of memory and seems to get tired, I find if you shut it down and then reopen it the problems disappear for a while. I have had issues with uploading images recently and shutting the browser down and reopening it seemed to work. I think most of the actions carried out on Hubpages are Flash based and Chrome seems to have some problems with Flash that I think are because it hogs a lot of memory, but I am not an expert just a user.

7. Mark Painter profile image59
    Mark Painterposted 5 years ago

I believe it should be fixed now.

Thanks Mark!

2. Azure11 profile image90
      Azure11posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Mark, I'll check it out when I next edit a hub.

working