jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (16 posts)

Is this an error

1. profile image0
    ateinposted 5 years ago

I don't know if this is an error

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5753009_f248.jpg

The image is too small. here is the link

http://i43.tinypic.com/2d6wiu1.png

Why does it say that my comment has been submitted even though I have made no comment on the hub.I am not associated with any of the account seen in the screengrab above.

1. Cagsil profile image59
      Cagsilposted 5 years agoin reply to this

First off, its your hub.

Secondly, someone made a comment on it and it is showing you who made the comment. The person who made the comment isn't you.

1. profile image0
        ateinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

@Cagsil
        That is not my hub .I did not write it. When I logged in, that was the first hub in the hub feed that is shown by default to all members. I was just going to scroll down when "Your Comment has been submitted" caught my attention. This is shown only to the person who has made the comment. But I have not made that comment.I am not associated with that account in any way.So why is it coming up in my homepage feed ?

@Rochelle
        Yes, The screengrab is small . So I have provided a tinypic link to the bigger size screen grab

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
          Uninvited Writerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It is just your feed. You are either following the person whose hub it is or you are following the category. That is all. I see that all the time if the comments have not been approved yet. It does not mean "you", it is telling the person who submitted the comment that it has to be approved.

1. profile image0

That is the reason, I think . Strange, never seen this happen before, I mean have never seen this kind of message in my feed before.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

The screengrab is so small, I can't tell for sure-- can't see the screen name, but it doesn't look like your avatar. Are you sure the message is to you?

1. Cagsil profile image59
      Cagsilposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hey Rochelle, click the link, it will make it larger, so you can see it more clearly. It shows that someone made a comment on their hub and it wasn't them who made the comment. wink

Therefore, there's no error.

3. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 5 years ago

That's the comment I made on your hub (small world). It's a few lines long and concerns my thoughts on Johnny Depp movies I like and don't. Are you unable to approve it? That's strange. I would imagine you can do so in your profile or account area. If not maybe it's a temporary glitch.

1. profile image0
      icountthetimesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I just reread your post and notice that the hub is not yours. Therefore,tThere's no issue then basically. When it says "your comment" it is referencing the person making the comment, not you.

2. lobobrandon profile image83
      lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Its your profile pic and atein's name??

1. profile image0

On the image he posted? No, it's my profile pic and my name (in the comment). He read "your comment" and assumed it was refering to him, when I assume it's just text relating to the individual posting the comment rather than the person viewing it. Unless I'm missing something of course.

1. profile image0

Btw, this is the hub I posted the comment on:
          http://athlyngreen.hubpages.com/hub/Johhny-Depp-Movies

Strangely, my post is not visible for me. It may be that it hasn't been approved yet, or has been rejected. It could also be that he deleted the hub and created a new similiar one. I say that because I noticed at time that the author had mispelled 'Johnny Depp' as 'Johhny Depp' in a few places including the title.

1. lobobrandon profile image83
            lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Then it was surely deleted and recreated smile

1. profile image0

Yeah, I think that's likely the case smile.

2. profile image0

There is another comment by prairieprincess that is to be approved smile. I guess you see this type of message when you are following a category.

1. profile image0

Yes, I don't think there is a problem smile.

working