jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Vertical photo uploading horizontally!

1. LetitiaFT profile image82
    LetitiaFTposted 5 years ago

Hello, I'm a newbie and am trying to get my first two hubs off the ground. All is going swimmingly except that a vertical photo I need to use is uploading horizontally. I had already--and have since--uploaded a number of vertical photos without problem. It is only one photo (and a an almost identical one that I tried when the first wouldn't work)that is causing trouble. Any tips? Thanks.

1. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Maybe a glitch..I have never seen that happen... I have loaded hundreds of pictures in the time I have been here..
      Try from another browser or maybe just delete this photo capsule and add a new photo capsule and try it again... some times it helps.. sometimes it just doesn't... the only other thing I see is to wait if all these don't work.. hope someone has a better idea . Welcome to Hubpages!!

2. 2uesday profile image85
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

Check that it is saved in the correct orientation in the place that you are uploading it to the HubPages photo capsule.

My photos in the first place that I save them from my SD card/camera correct 'themselves' but if I then copy them elsewhere before loading them here I have encountered similar problems to the ones you are describing here.

LetitiaFTposted 5 years agoin reply to this

A belated thanks 2uesday, it was upright when I uploaded it, but I copied it elsewhere as you suggested and tried again, it worked! After much dallying, I've finally just now published the hubs. Thanks again.

3. Pearldiver profile image85
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

Wow... I will be quick with this because You must be hard to have a conversation with... 2 months between each sentence smile 

That's like 2 castaways having a conversation via messages in a bottle big_smile

Anyway.... I'm pleased that you solved the problem...

And although it only seems like yesterday... Two months ago I had a similar set of problems when I attempted to load 3D Images! smile

Hope you resolved yours faster than I resolved mine!

1. Pearldiver profile image85
        Pearldiverposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes it was easy in the end.. I just used jpeg stills instead.

I like the subjects that you chose for your first two hubs though... I'm sure you will get well read.. take care. smile

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Sometimes picture act up like this because there is EXIF data attached to them that still codes their original/raw orientation.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!

working