jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

What is your first 10 days like as a hubber?

1. profile image0
    paperfoldingposted 5 years ago

Or first week/month.

I joined hubpages 10 days ago. I have published 10 hubs and gotten 340 views so far (including my own views). It seems that I didn't get any new views in the past 24 hours other than my own. I am wondering what are your first 10 days (or week, month) like as a hubber. Am I doing poorly or just alright. Is the traffic drop caused by the thanksgiving holiday? Thanks.

2. thooghun profile image84
    thooghunposted 5 years ago

It's normal. Initially you will receive views thanks to your hubs being placed in the hub hopper. After that, you'll notice a decline until they finally rank for your chosen keywords on Google, which can take weeks/months occasionally.

1. profile image0
      paperfoldingposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thooghun, thank you for your reply.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

Your hubs are very, very short. Too short. The videos are nice but you have to have more text in your hubs.

1. profile image0

Hi, Susan, thank you for your suggestion.

1. Cardisa profile image90
        Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with UW, you need much more content in your hubs. It is good to participate in the forums, this will get you some readers. But another really effective way to get more traffic from HP readers, is to read other people's hubs and leave insightful comments. I find that people will reciprocate that way.

Welcome to HubPages and I wish you all the best.

1. profile image0

Cardisa, thank you for your reply.

working