jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

IRS Tax Information

  1. profile image0
    jvkrakowskiposted 6 years ago

    Does HubPages file your taxes for you when you get sent to form, or do you have to submit it yourself?

    I'm panicing right now because i've never done that. I use the super easy tax programs.

    I'd love some info on this. thanks.

  2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

    As an author on HP you're a freelance writer, which means you're an independent self-employed writer. You must give tax information to HP, so they can know you're legitimate, especially in America.

    You don't work for HP and you must file your own taxes with regards to your earnings through HP.

  3. melbel profile image98
    melbelposted 6 years ago

    They probably send out a 1099 form which will be easy to use with those tax programs. I think they have a field you can input that in.

  4. profile image0
    jvkrakowskiposted 6 years ago

    Has anyone ever had problems?

  5. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

    Not that I have heard of.

  6. Pcunix profile image93
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

    I pay no attention to 1099's (because I track and report all income anyway) but it matters how the form is filled out.

    If the money is in the 'Other income" box, then you can just report it on line 21 - you do not need to file a Schedule C or C-EZ.  However, if it's in box 7, the IRS wants Self Employment tax paid on it, so you do have to file C or C-EZ with your return.