jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

One of my hubs was marked substandard. How to know what was prob?

1. Laura in Denver profile image80
    Laura in Denverposted 5 years ago

I read before that:

Substandard simply means that the quality of the Hub does not meet HubPages' standards. Below are some common reasons that a Hub may be moderated as substandard:

•"Test" or otherwise unfinished Hubs
    •Very little content
    •Poorly formatted content
    •Low quality pictures or videos
    •Content that contains grammar or spelling mistakes that make it difficult to read or understand
    •Broken links or videos
    Remember that you can always spend some time improving your Hub to meet HubPages standards, and submit it for republication.

So, in otherwords, you are simply supposed to guess what is the problem?

1. Hestia DeVoto profile image60
      Hestia DeVotoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If it's not clear to you, you are supposed to contact the admin team for more info.

http://hubpages.com/contact_us/

None of us (forum users) can see unpublished Hubs, but they can.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

If you edit the hub and click on the substandard statement does any more come up?

If not, try showing us the Google caches to get more info.

3. icciev profile image60
    iccievposted 5 years ago

Hi, this is an issue happening with me recently, after two days of publishing the hub, the hub will be identified as substandard with tons of reasons and I will be too much confused to what is the reason, I will try to improve the hub to the maximum and resubmit it, but the same error again with the same reason. I understand that hubpages have policies for their own and as long as they manage the site they have the right to setup whatever policies they have and we should obey it as long as we agreed to join the HP community, the automated system they have is fascinated and great to the good of HP and hubbers, but what make me really angry and feed up from this error that whenever I submit back my hub for publication and when a human review it, it will be flagged again with the same error with lots of possible reason!!!! come on guys you are already have seen it, so why not telling us the real issue, any way when ever I have the same error again, I get feed up and delete that hub, I think this is the only possible solution as if you continue to resubmit again your account can be deleted. My advice when a human reviews the hub that have been identified could make our life and his life easier if he could tell us what is the real issue!

1. Hestia DeVoto profile image60
      Hestia DeVotoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

From reading the above it seems most likely that your grammatical skills with English as a written language is why your Hubs are being marked substandard.  Google is now counting spelling and grammar (part of the Panda changes) so HubPages has gotten more strict on content.

1. icciev profile image60
        iccievposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Hestia, thank you so much for your replay, yes it could be the problem. I am not saying that my writing skills are perfect, but if a human has already checked my hub why not telling me the exact reason, would be easier for to fix the hub quicker rather than keep guessing, thank you again for your reply, I will give it another try and see how it will work.

1. maxravi profile image2
          maxraviposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sure try to add some more content with pictures and videos .If you want you can ask any hubbers including me to review your content, before you publish it.

Hi maxriva, thank you so much for being so kind and for the offering, please find below a link to my hub, not sure if Google had cashed it
            http://icciev.hubpages.com/hub/My-Exper … fic-Stream
            thank you for your time checking this hub for me

1. maxravi profile image2
              maxraviposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I can see this hub is not published and not viewable.you can mail me content.

Thank you so much Maxravi for your quick response, I have sent you email with my hub content.

working