jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Stage & Screen Plays Idea.

1. Don Fairchild profile image81
    Don Fairchildposted 5 years ago

Hubs have poetry and instructional script also many interesting stories.  Wouldn't it be interesting to be able to try your hand at writing a gripping stage play? 
    I have always wanted to give this writing medium a try, but have never seen a topic area or HUB that addresses this type of writing.  It would be fun to be able to write plays and submit them into a contest like HUB Nuggets for recognition of the best plays.   
    We could then have a yearly contest picking the best plays that would be submitted to local acting groups to bring the plays to life.  Perhaps acted out, in various regions around the country.  This would bring recognition to both HUBpages.com and the author.  What do you think?

EXIT Stage Left:

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Interesting idea, Don.  And a good one but IMO this is way more challenging to writers because there's so much more involved.  Not only does the writer need to create a story but he needs to direct the technical aspects as well, like 'exit stage left'.  And formatting is another hurdle.

Don Fairchildposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi coulturepopcafe,
        I have seen training sites on the internet about the format of play writing.  The format is very different, but not hard to understand though.   
        Perhaps we could find a mentor to monitor this new Hub topic area?

2. melbel profile image96
    melbelposted 5 years ago

I personally enjoy playwriting much more than writing a novel. (Although, a play is often a novel adapted for a stage.) I majored in technical theater in high school, so perhaps that's why I prefer thinking of things in terms of being on stage. I think it would be fun, though, to write some hubs like this.

Unfortunately, I'm much better at adaptation than original works, so I probably wouldn't create as many hubs as others (it'd take months for me to hash out my characters.) Still, it would be interesting to see some of the hubs that people come up with. tongue

Don Fairchildposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi Melbel,
      Great idea about trying out adaptations.  This would be a great way to practice this craft.  So it would be interesting to put this into different groups like adaptation vs new plays.   
      If we could convince a local acting troop to act out the play, it would be a load of fun.   I have to wonder how the adword and other advertisers might think about this.

1. melbel profile image96
        melbelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hubbers looking to write adaptations would have to get the permission of the original writer (if it's not themselves, obviously.)

I think it would be a lot of fun writing a story to the screen for the first time. smile

working