jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (23 posts)

Why Don't we collectively write The Best Book in the World?

1. Pearldiver profile image82
    Pearldiverposted 8 years ago

I am Not Referring to the Emerald Tablets or other secondary issues of religion or politics. Perhaps, Team Challenges (Regional or cross cultural)

2. Pearldiver profile image82

Thanks for the opportunity to answer my own question.

The answer is 16 Hours of No Response which says it all!

Thanks for the Motivation.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image80
      Eaglekiwiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Good Idea in Theory
      But Im thinking too many ego's i.e too many cooks spoil the broth.
      Perhaps though if titles and chapters were alloted might make for a suprising experiment.
      Sorry I didnt respond ,but I caught some nasty bugs and lyin low ,( they must be attacking my creative juices too) because I cant be bothered writing anymore either.
      But hey Ill put a plug in for fellow-countryman anytime ,specially if hes got the finiest oysters ( in the world!) lol...p.s Ask your Godparents if they knew the name "Takitimu" wink

3. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 8 years ago

Think the diction and ideas contained may have been a little over many's heads, Pearldiver.

Might even be a little over my head, wink.

That being said, one logical fallacy (non sequitur) I've just discovered (doing research on the subject) is the Nirvana fallacy...

When a choice in all actuality is not between real world solutions and utopia; it is, rather, a choice between one realistic possibility and another which is merely better.

4. RooBee profile image78
    RooBeeposted 8 years ago

Apologies, I don't want to get into things philosophical - as indicated by my posting mostly in the nice n easy word game forums. Hubpages is a lighter pursuit for me.

I'm but a simple hubber, and do admire your brilliance. Don't give up on us - you may just have to write it yourself and hope that some of us can follow so as to at least give you some relevant comments on it! wink

5. cashmere profile image82
    cashmereposted 8 years ago

I agree with RooBee
    You write it pearl and we'll read it!

6. Pearldiver profile image82

Oh Thank you guys for the nice words of encouragement.
    I was just thinking (egos, beliefs, politics, gods aside..) there is such talent here individually.  Why would it not be easy to do something like that?  Maybe yes a chapter each on 10 different subjects for 10 books.. across the world.

Do I want to just do it myself - I don't know How.. I've never writen seriously before.  I was merely wanting to see what was required to do something like this. I'm sure it would get published easily enough.

7. LondonGirl profile image87
    LondonGirlposted 8 years ago

Generally speaking, I don't think good books, plays etc are written by committee.

Pearldiverposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That is exactly Why this Would Work.  A book that steps outside of the box ... there can be any number of writers, as Eaglekiwi says.

In Essence: It is a collection of stories - Pick a Theme (or several) Mix it up - Be Extreme - Lateral - But Practical

It would Work I you make it work!

8. Eaglekiwi profile image80
    Eaglekiwiposted 8 years ago

How about a collection of short stories say one thousand words?

and catergorize the topics maybe.

I used to love these books ,since I might like author more tha another ,but not enough to read a whole book. Just an idea .
    It can work PD if ya really want it too.
    Email a couple of publishers and just feel them out.

9. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 8 years ago

That sounds like a really good idea to me...... give the proceeds to charity or something like that.......

10. dwilliamson profile image61
    dwilliamsonposted 8 years ago

I like that idea too.

11. RooBee profile image78
    RooBeeposted 8 years ago

I do like the separate stories following a similar theme idea - I love collections by a bunch of good writers. It's like the most delectable box of chocolates waiting to be picked through; savoring or devouring at will! Yum big_smile

12. profile image0
    notorious_HAIposted 8 years ago

How about everyone contribute a hub each and we can publish a "best of hubpages" book smile

13. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

Stirring a pot for delectable reading delights, wink Pearldiver, great idea.

Not a Single Book ... Several ... Maybe an E-Book as the book industry is getting hammered atm ... Think about where it could go.  All The Talent is Here... Why not?

14. Dame Scribe profile image61

Won't hear naysaying from me, lol lol a travelling ebook smile that would be so cool.

Really .... So how do we do this?  Eaglekiwi liked this too.  It's not a hard thing to do... Set up writing teams  It would be fun & profitable if done properly.

15. Dame Scribe profile image61

yikes you are asking me how to start? hmm maybe we should ask somebody with experience in this area like Eric. Send him a email n see what he has to say, then let the rest of us know big_smile

16. Pearldiver profile image82

R & D DS remember?  First gain a comittment from potential contributors & their preferred area of expertise. Do you want to post the Question or me?

17. Dame Scribe profile image61

This is your idea, Pearldiver and I don't want to be telling what's what when I have no real idea what we are goin to be nor how it's done. I can help towards contributing a Hub smile

LOL I was (am) sharing it ... No Probs leave it to me

18. Dame Scribe profile image61

I sent a email too tongue k lol

working