jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Disabled Ads: A Way to Override the Automatic Filters

1. brittanytodd profile image93
    brittanytoddposted 5 years ago

I have a hub that uses the term "fetishism" (in a sociological way) and the ads are disabled every time I have to edit it.  Today, I had to fix a broken link on the hub and the ads were disabled again (for the 4th time).  I hate clogging up HP's inbox with my requests to get the ads re-enabled on this hub.

I like the way that when your hub is deemed as original, the auto-filters cannot label it as duplicate content.  Wouldn't it be nice if they could do this with disabling ads?

I know that it probably is not a good idea since someone could change their hub and therefore go against the ToS, but couldn't the same be done with so-called "duplicate" hubs that have been deemed as original?

Just a thought...

1. Cardisa profile image93
      Cardisaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The auto filters pick up certain words in your content and determine if that content i sin violation. If the word sounds too sexual or too violent it will disable the ads because it senses that the hub is in violation of both the HP and Google's TOS.

I you use a synonym that sounds less offensive, then you should be fine.

brittanytoddposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I know.  I have been through the process numerous times.  I cannot replace the word "festishism" with anything else or I will lose traffic.  Thanks though.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Brittany, the only reason your hubs had ads on it to begin with is because HubPages Staff manually turned them on. If you want a way around the filters? Then leave the hub alone, otherwise, Staff is going to have to turn them on manually, every time you make a change.

Yeah, that's what's been happening.  I had a broken link this morning and I had to fix it, so I had to bother them again.  I wish there was a way that it would automatically keep the ads on, just to save them some work and time, but I guess I'm asking too much.

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hey Brittany, not meaning to be mean or cruel, but you could always circumvent the entire filter system?

Delete the hub? tongue lol

No way!  This hub is pretty popular...hahaha.  smile

1. Cagsil profile image60
            Cagsilposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Okay, then deal with it. wink smile big_smile

Dealing... smile big_smile Thanks.

working