jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Christmas Hubs: what to do?

1. mary615 profile image94
    mary615posted 5 years ago

I have several Hubs pertaining to Chrismas.  Should I unpublish them until next Christmas?  Tell me what you think, OK?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No... leave them be. They will age and get you lots of traffic next year...beginning about July smile One of my Christmas hubs got over 30 views yesterday.

2. Earl S. Wynn profile image83
      Earl S. Wynnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It depends on how much traffic they are generating. I have one Valentine's Day hub that gets steady traffic all year for some reason. big_smile

3. JamaGenee profile image89
      JamaGeneeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No. If you unpublish a seasonal hub, you lose the "aging" that gets you a higher ranking on Google.  Also, seasonal hubs CAN and WILL get traffic any time of the year.  My own Christmas hub got tons of traffic from Feb through November.  Go figure. cool

4. SimeyC profile image90
      SimeyCposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Keep it active; amend it during the year as appropriate and then get ready for an increase in traffic as the holiday season starts!

5. moonlake profile image90
      moonlakeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm leaving mine. If their crafts some people start with craft stuff early.

2. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 5 years ago

Thanks for this question and for the answers. I often worry about seasonal or topical articles but have learned to leave them alone because they can get views year 'round.

3. mary615 profile image94
    mary615posted 5 years ago

Thanks for replies:  I'll just leave them alone.

4. rmcrayne profile image96
    rmcrayneposted 5 years ago

Same question and answer smile

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/87633

1. mary615 profile image94
      mary615posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Forgot I had asked that question about Thanksgiving.....

working