jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (19 posts)

Difficulty with comments

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image61
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago

Is anyone else having difficulty editing comments they make on hubs? All day yesterday and on some hubs today when I have needed to open up my comment to edit it I click on "edit your comment" and the page refreshes to the top of the page. It has meant having to leave further comments saying things like "that sentence should have read..."  or "I forgot to add..."

I am also not able to respond to status updates or make any of my own on my home page. I click on "comment" and nothing happens. I hope this is a temporary glitch.

By the way, I use Google Chrome.

1. Rosemay50 profile image81
      Rosemay50posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi Flora. I use Firefox, have edited comments yesterday and today with no problems.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Sorry Flora, I haven't edited any comments I have left anywhere. So, I don't know.

FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's okay. Being a person who types with one hand I will sometimes hit the key right beside the key I meant to hit. One thing I have noticed is that there isn't a problem when I am using Chrome's Incognito  feature. I was wondering if it wasn't happening with other browsers.

1. Victoria Lynn profile image90
        Victoria Lynnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Flora-- I've been using Internet Explorer and it's fine today. But I have had similar problems with leaving comments in the past--with it just not letting me do anything.  I'm sure it will pass, but it sure is a pain in the meantime, huh?

1. Cardisa profile image92
          Cardisaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I just started using Chrome a couple days now and everything is fine. There was a glitch like this a few months ago, maybe it's another glitch.

3. saddlerider1 profile image73
    saddlerider1posted 5 years ago

Flora I think it must just be a Glitch. I use Firefox and mine is working just fine.

1. always exploring profile image84
      always exploringposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I haven't had a problem Flora...I wanted to ask..Is  chrome good? i keep getting this prompter to download it..

1. brianlokker profile image98
        brianlokkerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think Chrome is the best browser at this point, having surpassed Firefox. Unless I'm testing new websites in an array of browsers, I seldom use others except for mobile Safari.

Flora, I haven't noticed this problem with comments in Chrome.

4. klanguedoc profile image90
    klanguedocposted 5 years ago

I always use Google Chrome and I never have any problems.

5. profile image0
    woofydog53posted 5 years ago

Hi Flora,,,,,,,,,though I don't write hubs,,,,,I have had a problem with editing my comments to your hubs from time to time. I use Google Chrome as well as Firefox and Outlook Express.  What I've noticed is that ,,,,if I haven't "cleaned" my disc and it has more than 39 Mb,,,,,not only does my laptop slow,,,but I experience the trouble you describe.  If I reboot and clean the disc,,,,it speeds up appreciably and the slow action in this site and the malady you describe disappears for me.  Hope this helps,,,,,,,,,I know how maddening it can be,,,,,,,,,

6. princesswithapen profile image91
    princesswithapenposted 5 years ago

Like Victoria mentioned, I had a similar issue with leaving comments some time back. All I did was sign out, clear my browsing history and gave the computer a quick restart and I was good to go. Hope your temp glitch gets sorted out soon.

7. FloraBreenRobison profile image61
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago

Thanks everyone for your comments. Considering everyone has used different browsers and has had problems at different times at different times it is likely a glitch.

Ruby, the thing I love about Google Chrome is that it has a tab you can open up called "New Incognito window" and while you are using it, your use cannot be monitored.

Dad - yes, I have to clean the computer from time to time.

8. shampa sadhya profile image83
    shampa sadhyaposted 5 years ago

I use Google Chrome. Sometimes I do face such problems for a while and again it gets resolved. So, just chill. Be a little patient and I am sure it will be resolved all of a sudden.

9. sofs profile image85
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Flora, I use Chrome and have had absolutely no problems yesterday and today... I have edited a couple of comments too.

FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for telling me. It was the editing that was giving me difficulty, not comments in general. Strange. It is not happening anymore, so whatever reason it was temporary.

10. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I am using Chrome and had to edit a comment earlier today, however I didn't run into any problems editing it. smile

11. always exploring profile image84
    always exploringposted 5 years ago

Thank's everyone..I think i will download chrome....

12. abbysonmartin profile image37
    abbysonmartinposted 5 years ago

thanks everyone  i am used the google chrome.....?

working