jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

New and Confused

1. alisoncain profile image51
    alisoncainposted 10 years ago

Hello Hubbers.

I'm new...really new...to hubbing.

Working on my very first hub, I can't figure out how to attach an affiliate link to a certain phrase in my text. Can anyone help a newbie out?

Please...

alison

2. alisoncain profile image51

Hi again!

Never mind. Figured it out myself.

Thanks if you looked.

Smiles,

alison.

3. Whitney05 profile image84
    Whitney05posted 10 years ago

Actually, I'd love to know how... I'm tired of adding the luink boxes when it would make a better appeal to my articles if the link was within the text. I see the 'add/edit link' button in the text box, but it's not clickable.

1. relache profile image90
      relacheposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I add links inside text boxes all the time.  I think you need to take the time to learn the tools that are here.

1. alisoncain profile image51
        alisoncainposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's so true. All the same, if that chainlink button had been more visible, this thread wouldn't have existed.

alison

2. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You need to highlight the word/s that you wish to make into the link before clicking on the 'add/edit link' button.

4. silverstar8 profile image61
    silverstar8posted 10 years ago

You can use the "link" feature in the top of the text box when you are in the edit mode.  Highlight the text then click on the link logo and enter url then "open in same window" or "open in new window".

Hope this helps.

Paulette

5. alisoncain profile image51

Yes, Whitney - Paulette is right. You need to be in edit mode, in the actual text capsule where you want the link.

What fooled me was the chainlink symbol at the extreme right of the edit toolbar appears greyed out, so I didn't see it. Only when you highlight the phrase you want to use does the symbol show up clear.

Good luck with yours,

alison.

6. Whitney05 profile image84
    Whitney05posted 10 years ago

Thank you those who posted instructions on how to post links within the text box. I do understand the tools, I have just not noticed that particular button before.

7. alisoncain profile image51

I hear you, Whitney.

I'm a real tech-moron - learning as I go. Everything here does seem very straight-forward though, with one exception. I've no idea what an RSS feed is, so I'm going to have to do some reading, but that'll have to wait till tomorrow. I'm GMT+1. It's twenty-five past one here and time for bed.

Take care,

alison

working