jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Are Adsense ads the only ads on my Hub Pages

1. Chuck Bluestein profile image84
    Chuck Bluesteinposted 5 years ago

I just wanted to make sure. I did not sign up for Hub Page ads, only for Adsense. So can you check and make sure that I only have Adsense ads up? It appears that they have more ads up than allowed by Adsense. Some say that they are Google ads but others do not say that.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

I checked one of your hubs. You do have some Flash-based ads, which are not AdSense - probably HubPages' ads. That is not against AdSense policies.

3. Chuck Bluestein profile image84

So they are getting 100% of those ads that compete with Adsense ads? If I sign up will I get 60% of those ads. I thought that if I did not sign up, they would not use those ads.

4. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Currently, HubPages has 40 percent of the page impressions, and they can do with those as they like. You will need to check further to find if the HP ads also appear on your share of the page impressions. I agree that this ought not to be the case.

5. Chuck Bluestein profile image84

OK. I thought that 40% of the time, they took the money for Adsense and Amazon. But instead of doing that they could use their own ads for 40% of the space and pay me for 100% of the Amazon ads?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No.  HP will get all of the income from 40% of the visits.  During those visits they will put any ads they wish onto the hub (that does not mean they will put up amazon or ebay capsules, but they will get the income from those capsules that you have put up).

You will get 100% of the income from 60% of the visits.  During those visits the only ads will be those that you have authorized; apparently only adsense, along with any amazon or ebay capsules.

Visits are assigned to either you or HP on a random basis, according to an algorithm that supplies you with 60% of them and Hp with 40% of them.  If you check very carefully you will no doubt find that those percentages are not exact, but the higher the traffic the closer to a 60/40 split you will see.

6. Chuck Bluestein profile image84

Thanks! That makes it perfectly clear to me.

working