jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Things I've noticed about Google

1. tamron profile image56
    tamronposted 5 years ago

Same ads appearing more than once on a page.  Itt tech and other tech schools appearing on pages that have nothing to do with education.

Google ad-word advertising seems like they just took over.  Way to many of those ads.

Clicks don't pay nothing anymore.  when you would see clicks for 5 cents on up.  Now you see earning from 0 to 5 cents.

I have seen articles that take top position in search that should not with poor quality content.

I think Google has the issues not most of us writers!

2. Ms Dee profile image87
    Ms Deeposted 5 years ago

I've been noticing the ads on my hubs now have less to do with the content of my hub than they used to. sad I agree, Google has gotten worse with ads. I am now reading through how to manage my preferences for Google ads, or even opt out of Google saving 'preferences' that reflect what I've shopped for online. http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/h … html?hl=en

3. Peter Hoggan profile image75
    Peter Hogganposted 5 years ago

Ads can be based on your own viewing history as well as the topic of your hub.

1. Urbane Chaos profile image89
      Urbane Chaosposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I remember reading somewhere that the ads are now all based on your own viewing history - which isn't a bad thing.  The ads that I see on my pages aren't the same ads that other people see.

Awhile back, when that first started, I decided to test that theory.  By using a couple different computers, I saw that the ads that appeared were things that they were interested in. 

Personally, I think this is a good thing.  It really targets the ads more towards what people are looking for.  If they click on an article and it's not what they want, then that Google ad will help direct them towards what they want.  Since I've only seen my readership increase, I have no problem with this at all.  I've made payout every month now for several months, so I think that whatever they're doing is working.

1. Peter Hoggan profile image75
        Peter Hogganposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yep, it seems to work well, although I still regularly see ads based on the content of the page.

4. Ms Dee profile image87
    Ms Deeposted 5 years ago

Hey! Now that I have opted out of opt Google saving 'preferences' that reflect what I've shopped for online, the Google ads on my hubs have returned to the kind they used to be. They now fit the content of my hub!!!! big_smile

Now, if all the traffic to my hubs would only Opt Out, too. Ugh!

working