How hubpages score can be keep stable and high?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (22 posts)
  1. rancidTaste profile image60
    rancidTasteposted 15 years ago

Can anyone know that by which factors hubpage writings are scored. I don't see any stable score of each page. The score is fluctuated very frequently. One of my hubpage is:

http://hubpages.com/hub/OSI-Reference-M … nd-Answers

Several times, it has scour of 80. It changing very frequently. Today it has the score 76 about 5 hours ago. Now it's 80 . May be it could change now.

Can anybody give me any hints regarding this issue? I mean:

1. How to keep score stable and high?
    2. What are the main things for good score?

1. SamurWriter profile image57
      SamurWriterposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Stability with the score is not something passive. You have to maintain alot of elements to keep it at a high number including:

Traffic to your hub (inbound from the web not just hubpages, outside HP has more weight)
      Comments affect the score
      Leaving comments on other hubs and using the thumbs up and down affect your hubauthor score
      Inbound links (backlinks to your hubs from outside hubpages have more weight) affect the score
      Participating in the forum affects your score
      Overall hub score on your hubs affect the hubauthor score (its averaged in)
      those are the major factors others that may have an affect are:

fan base, hubtivity (yours stimulating the community i.e. forum posts, comments, hubs published in some frequency etc..)

I wrote a hub on the score that is over 7,000 words lol but its full of good intel on hubpages mechanics.

Jerrico

2. broalexdotinfo profile image56
    broalexdotinfoposted 15 years ago

There are too many factors that make up your overall score, don`t bother it always goes up and down..

Mine averages somewhere between 89 - 95 .. since I joined Hubpages.. big_smile

1. GuitarTrainer profile image59
      GuitarTrainerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that commenting on other hubs, and leaving replies, and generally being participatory can make a difference.

3. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 15 years ago
  4. rancidTaste profile image60
    rancidTasteposted 15 years ago

I noticed one thing that after posting any reply or new topic, hubpages overall score (I mean, scour on hubber's profile picture) also fluctuate. It's happening only me. I don't know whether it's happening to all of the others. When I first post today, my overall score was 94 and now its 92. It decreased by 2.

Is it depends on the length of the message or anything else?

I am very much concerned to keep score stable and high. So, I request you to share your experience about this.

1. dingdong profile image58
      dingdongposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hubscore and author score would always be fluctuating for every hubber. You can go through the faq page for more details smile

2. SamurWriter profile image57

Don't be concerned its nothing to worry about unless it drops below 60.. realistically its all about participation, if you can stay at 89-100 your peaches...

5. Eric Graudins profile image59
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

I generally find that my hub scores are in tune with the cycle of the tides and the moon.

When a full moon is approaching - they get higher.

And when the hub scores drop, I've noticed that the dog always seems to have to go outside.

Wierd.

1. SamurWriter profile image57

That actually makes sense as the moons gravity emits a magnetic pull on the oceans and the water in our body, but when the moon is lined up with the sun (an eclipse) the pull is much greater and can cause electronics to act erradic, although the full moon also has this effect and I think maybe it moves an electron or something causing a cascade of events that makes your score higher during those times.

or

The aliens in that ship on the back side of the moon are messing with us with that pen like device they keep pointing at hubpages headquarters to make the scores change... they get a good laugh at how it seems to affect some people more than others, but never affects earnings whatsoever

2. guidebaba profile image57
      guidebabaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Voted as the BEST Answer !

6. laringo profile image61
    laringoposted 15 years ago

This is a little off the topic ,but is there a problem when your overall Hub score stays the same for 2 days? My score always changed several times in a day.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image91
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Might be a function of system upgrades or all the Hub categorizing going on right now, especially among those that have several hundred hubs and are going back to categorize. Just a guess, but makes some sense. Might be something else or nothing at all.

Cheers!

7. laringo profile image61
    laringoposted 15 years ago

Thanks Patty, your reasoning and logic seems to make  a lot of sense. I'm not worried about anything, just real curious.

8. Patty Inglish, MS profile image91
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 15 years ago

Hey, it just started moving again - no more log jam! Yayyyyy!

Have a great rest of day. smile

9. Research Analyst profile image74
    Research Analystposted 15 years ago

It is a science thats for sure.

10. Inspirepub profile image73
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

I am reliably in formed that "small" variations of up to 10 points in your Hubber score are normal, especially if you have a small number of Hubs and haven't been around for long.

The more Hubs you have, and the more comments you have made in forums and on other Hubs, the smaller the fluctuations tend to be.

Jenny

11. spuds profile image59
    spudsposted 15 years ago

If you want a high score then create hubs with great unique content.

12. Jordan Heffron profile image61
    Jordan Heffronposted 14 years ago

Hub scores seem kind of confusing.  I don't like the fact that your score can drop down.  I think that they should let you keep building up as high as possible and assign points for each quality article that you contribute!

13. Rik Ravado profile image88
    Rik Ravadoposted 14 years ago

I don't take HubScore too seriously - it doesn't have much impact on earnings or web traffic.  It is just a merit system within HubPages community designed to help us to identify experienced and 'successful' hubbers. 

I suspect there is some random number generating going on to cause the scores to fluctuate with time to make it more interesting!

14. profile image51
    pradeep_uocposted 14 years ago

I think it is important to make a number of original hubs is the key to a good score.

15. carpesomediem profile image60
    carpesomediemposted 14 years ago

I've successfully mainted a 90+ Hubscore for the last 18 months, some of the key factors I've noticed that contribute to my score is the amount of hubs I publish a day.  As long as I do one or two, I fluctuate in the middle 90s.  If I take a few days off or longer, it begins to drop.  I've always written original hubs, and that's helped with the steady hubscore even if I'm not as active on the forums and elsewhere on HubPages.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)