jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Interesting find

1. bgpappa profile image82
    bgpappaposted 6 years ago

So I opened up Hubpages this morning and found that I had a lot more views than normal.  About 6x the normal amount.  Check to see which hub it was and it was a historical article I wrote a long time ago.  Check the stats, and almost all views coming from email links.  Very odd.

Then somebody left a comment saying that the History Channel had linked my article to a mass email to its followers as art of a "check this out" thing.  No idea what they are talking about, but thought it was cool.  Just an example of try doing quality stuff and over time rewards will follow.

1. Browneesorchids profile image70
      Browneesorchidsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Cool and that is so true, one time my Female Power hub got shared on facebook. Keep you're informative hubs up.

2. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Neat as pigs**t, Bgpappa!  That has to be so cool!  Congrats to you!  smile

2. bgpappa profile image82

Thanks.  The point is to not give up on old hubs, try to improve them and be patient.  You never know who will find it interesting.

3. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Congratulations Bgpappa smile I agree that we never know where our articles will take us wink and got to enjoy the 'quality' of traffic that arises out of being noticed smile

4. bgpappa profile image82

Thanks Dame